[NEBULA] How to create an SSID with Click-to-continue?
Where to find:
Access point > Configure > Authentication > Network Access > Sign-in method
Click-to-continue is used to block network traffic until a client agrees to the policy of user agreement. We do not have to setup password or add credentials in the database. The station only needs to click the “Agree” Button, and he can surf the internet without any issue.
The hotels wants to create an SSID with click-to-continue which can reduce the customer’s login process.
1. Go to Access point > Configure > SSID overview, and configure the SSID name.
2. Go to Access point > Configure > Authentication > Network Access > Sign-in method, and choose the “Click-to-continue”.
Choose the SSID as “Hotel-Guest”.
3. (Optional) Access point > Configure > Authentication > Walled garden. When choose the Click-to-continue, the wall garden will be enabled as well. We can add the website that the customer can access without passing the Click-to-continue. If we want to promote some website as our hotel website or our co-operator website, we can configure here. It will be listed in the whitelist. * 2.
4. (Optional) Access point > Configure > Authentication > Captive portal access attribute. We can have more setting in Captive portal access attribute.
Strict Policy: Allow HTTPs traffic without sign-on or not.
Reauth time: The agreement page will pop out again when the lease time is expired. We can choose the follow site-wide setting*3 or assign a definite time for it.
5. (Optional) Access point > Configure > Captive portal. We can captive portal content here.
Login page and successful page on the station
1. After enabling Click-to continue, the AP creates a user account with username “clickcontinue_X_Y”, where X is the radio type(1 =2.4Ghz, 2=5Ghz) and Y is the SSI number (1-8) of the SSID profile. The AP users this account to authenticate clients who agree to the terms of the click-to –continue page
2. About the Walled garden, One IP address/domain in one line to specify your walled garden. Example: *.zyxel.com, www.zyxel.com, 192.168.1.0/24
3. Site-wide reauthentication time: Site-wide > Configure > General settings > Captive portal reauthentication > For click-to-continue users.