[NEBULA] How to create an SSID with Click-to-continue?
Where to find:
Configure > Access point > SSID advanced settings > Network Access > Sign-in method
Click-to-continue is used to block network traffic until a client agrees to the policy of user agreement. We do not have to setup password or add credentials in the database. The station only needs to click the “Agree” Button, and he can surf the internet without any issue.
The hotels wants to create an SSID with click-to-continue which can reduce the customer’s login process.
1. Go to Access point > Configure > SSID overview, and configure the SSID name.
2. Go to Access point > Configure > Authentication > Network Access > Sign-in method, and choose the “Click-to-continue”.
Choose the SSID as “Hotel-Guest”.
3. (Optional) Configure > Access point > SSID advanced settings > Captive portal advance setting
Walled garden: When choose the Click-to-continue, the wall garden will be enabled as well. We can add the website that the customer can access without passing the Click-to-continue. If we want to promote some website as our hotel website or our co-operator website, we can configure here. It will be listed in the whitelist. * 2.
Allow HTTPs traffic without sign-on or not.
Reauth time: The agreement page will pop out again when the lease time is expired. We can choose the follow site-wide setting*3 or assign a definite time for it.
5. (Optional) Configure > Access point > Captive portal customization. We can captive portal content here.
Login page and successful page on the station
1. After enabling Click-to continue, the AP creates a user account with username “clickcontinue_X_Y”, where X is the radio type(1 =2.4Ghz, 2=5Ghz) and Y is the SSI number (1-8) of the SSID profile. The AP users this account to authenticate clients who agree to the terms of the click-to –continue page
2. About the Walled garden, One IP address/domain in one line to specify your walled garden. Example: *.zyxel.com, www.zyxel.com, 192.168.1.0/24
3. Site-wide reauthentication time: Configure > Site settings > Captive portal reauthentication > For click-to-continue users.
- All Categories
- 300 Beta Program
- 1.9K Nebula
- 102 Nebula Ideas
- 72 Nebula Status and Incidents
- 4.8K Security
- 3 USG FLEX H Series
- 242 Security Ideas
- 1.1K Switch
- 54 Switch Ideas
- 807 WirelessLAN
- 29 WLAN Ideas
- 5.5K Consumer Product
- 178 Service & License
- 309 News and Release
- 122 Success Stories
- 69 Security Advisories
- 19 Education Center
- 5 [Campaign] Zyxel Network Detective
- 1.3K FAQ
- 554 Nebula FAQ
- 343 Security FAQ
- 118 Switch FAQ
- 146 WirelessLAN FAQ
- 31 Consumer Product FAQ
- 110 Service & License FAQ
- 34 Documents
- 34 Nebula Monthly Express
- 70 About Community
- 56 Security Highlight