Plex on a zyxel nas326?

I bought my first NAS to use plex on it but i can't find a good tutorial on it and the text tutorials all have broken links. How do i install it?
And is there a way to have the NAS be displayed as a drive? The regular interface is really clunky and unappealing. 
Some talk about docks. What is it and does it make the NAS appear as a drive so i can edit freely?

Accepted Solution

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 1,579  Guru Member
    Accepted Answer
    Rightclick the file, and choose 'Save link as' or equivalent.

All Replies

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 1,579  Guru Member
    For Plex, you can install MetaRepository as described here, scroll down for details. Then you can install a Plex installer script, which allows you to install a Synology Plex package using the webGUI.

In Windows you can view the contents of a share by putting \\<nas>\<share> in the address bar of explorer. On Linux (and I think also on macOS) you can use smb://<nas>/<share>

• Jojjothan
    Jojjothan Posts: 2
    Mijzelf said:
    For Plex, you can install MetaRepository as described here, scroll down for details. Then you can install a Plex installer script, which allows you to install a Synology Plex package using the webGUI.

In Windows you can view the contents of a share by putting \\<nas>\<share> in the address bar of explorer. On Linux (and I think also on macOS) you can use smb://<nas>/<share>

That is the one that is the problem. There is no web_prefix to download. It only takes me to a blank side with the link text in the corner.
    How do I download web_prefix?
  • Jojjothan
    Mijzelf said:
    How about the rest of the instrucions? I don't quite understand what to do.
  • Jojjothan
    Mijzelf said:
    And i see no packages menu in the webinterface, how do i execute 'Retreive list from Internet'. How do i Install MetaRepository?
Sign In to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click on this button!