How to configure external captive portal
Where to find:
Configure > Access point > Captive portal customization > External captive portal URL
This function let us to use custom login page from an external web portal instead of the one built into the NCC. There is an example customized captive portal page, and we can configure the look and feel of the web portal page base on these html files.
Use the internal web server to build a captive portal pages, so our WiFi clients can see our specific login portals.
1. Go to Configure > Access point > Wifi SSID setting and configure the SSID name.
2. Go to Configure > Access point > SSID Advanced settings. Choose the SSID and configure the settings.
Confirm the SSID name is correct
Choose the Sign-in method with “Sign-on with Nebula cloud authentication”, or if there's an external RADIUS server, you can enter the IP/port/secret of that external RADIUS server.
3. Configure > Access point > Captive portal > External captive portal URL.
Download the customized captive portal page example and configure the web server URL here. It can be domain name or IP address. If it is the domain name, ensure it can be resolved. After editing, copy the html files to the web server.
4. (Optional) Configure > Access point > SSID Advanced settings > Captive portal advanced setting
Walled garden: When choosing Sign-on with My RADIUS server, the wall garden will be enabled as well. We can add the website that the customer can access without passing the authentication. *1
Simultaneous login limit: This can restrict the login devices at a time. It could be one device or multiple devices. Click Model list to know about the number can set here.
Strict Policy: Allow HTTPs traffic without sign-on or not.
Reauth time: The agreement page will pop out again when the lease time is expired. We can choose the follow site-wide setting*2 or assign a definite time for it.
Use a phone or PC to confirm the html page. Just use the URL in the browser as http://<server IP address>/<page name>
Login page error page
1. About the Walled garden, One IP address/domain in one line to specify your walled garden. Example: *.zyxel.com, www.zyxel.com, 192.168.1.0/24
2. Site-wide reauthentication time: Configure > Site settings > Captive portal reauthentication > For click-to-continue users.
3. The AP must be added in trust list in the RADIUS server.
- All Categories
- 186 Beta Program
- 1.7K Nebula
- 90 Nebula Ideas
- 63 Nebula Status and Incidents
- 4.7K Security
- 236 Security Ideas
- 1.1K Switch
- 51 Switch Ideas
- 917 WirelessLAN
- 27 WLAN Ideas
- 5.4K Consumer Product
- 174 Service & License
- 296 News and Release
- 113 Success Stories
- 65 Security Advisories
- 14 Education Center
- 994 FAQ
- 434 Nebula FAQ
- 256 Security FAQ
- 100 Switch FAQ
- 115 WirelessLAN FAQ
- 22 Consumer Product FAQ
- 67 Service & License FAQ
- 34 Documents
- 34 Nebula Monthly Express
- 68 About Community
- 52 Security Highlight