NAS326 HTTP Stopped after cert upgrade

Hello,  
I went to update the certificate for secure communications and the NAS 326 no longer is working with the web client.  I am able to SSH in to the box, but unable to find the reset script.  So I either need to reset the box from the CLI or fix the HTTP to work with the certificates.  Any thoughts on this process ?

Oh and I noticed that the zyxel_xmpp_cl is making some connection to amazonaws which I know we don't use AWS.  

Thank you in advance

All Replies

• soul
    soul Posts: 29  Freshman Member
    First Comment
    how did you update the certificate?

you can try find command if you know the name of the script
    find / -iname "script"

or maybe try reboot the machine?

by the way how did you find zyxel_xmpp_cl is communicating with aws?
    can you share screenshot or command for that?
  • Skippy
    Skippy Posts: 4
    soul said:
    how did you update the certificate? (Skippy) I used the webgui initially then the server gave a 504 error after submitting a FQDN certificate from Comodo, then afterwards the web server quit working unable to start it from the command line didn't work either. 

you can try find command if you know the name of the script
    find / -iname "script" (Skippy) Yes and I have tried grep -irn 'pattern' / nothing tangible in the results. 

or maybe try reboot the machine? (Skippy) System was rebooted a couple of times. 

by the way how did you find zyxel_xmpp_cl is communicating with aws?  (Skippy) I am logged in the shell using SSH then performed a netstat. 
    can you share screenshot or command for that?  

• soul
    soul Posts: 29  Freshman Member
    First Comment
    edited May 2021
    here's a forum topic about certificates

https://community.zyxel.com/en/discussion/8527/nas326-install-ssl-certificate-via-scp

in the nas i found this path it may help you. looks like "reset_and_reboot.sh" is useful for you.

aws should be related to myzyxelcloud service on nas.
  • Skippy
    Skippy Posts: 4
    Ok so now I am unable to SSH in to the box, I went to do a factory reset, heard the 3 beeps and the system rebooted.  What does a factory reset do ?   Since I am unable to gain access to this unit I purchased 3 months ago what options do I have?
  • Sapphire23
    Sapphire23 Posts: 34  Freshman Member
    Friend Collector

Consumer Product Help Center