LTE5366-M608 connection problems

Nykos
Nykos Posts: 2
First Anniversary
edited January 4 in Mobile Broadband
Hi there, I bought a Zyxel LTE5366 router that came with V1.00(ABKA.1)C0 firmware but this was completely unusable because I got invalid SIM Card every time a tried to edit any option. Just edit, click save and connection was lost and I had to remove and reinsert the SIM Card. Then I saw that there was an older firmware on the zyxel website V1.00(ABKA.0)C0 and after this downgrade the router is finally working at 90%. I say this because I get internet connection and I can modify almost everything without issue expect LTE/connection settings. For example if I leave everything on "Auto" sometimes my SIM Card connects to 3G or 2G with heavy performance loss. So if I try to set "4G only" in settings my connection gets completely lost until I set back to "Auto". That happens with every option in WAN settings even if I change APN, Bands, Network type and anything else.

I have also tested everything with a Huawei B535 and I have no issues at all, everything works flawlessly with the same sim card and all my devices.

Now my questions:
- is there a way to get back to the newer firmware? V1.00(ABKA.1)C0
- is there any new firmware to try?
- are you aware of this issues or maybe my unit is faulty?

All Replies

• Bob_C
    Bob_C Posts: 200  Zyxel Employee
    5 Answers First Comment Friend Collector Sixth Anniversary
    Hi Nykos, 

The V1.00(ABKA.1)C0 is the latest firmware. 

My assumption for the V1.00(ABKA.0)C0's behavior where the Internet connection stops under "4G-only" connection mode is that the LTE5366 might only detect 3G signal at some point when the connection mode is "auto". If you switches the connection mode to "4G-only", the LTE5366 would not connect to the network. And you switch back to "Auto", the LTE5366 restores the connection but may connect to 3G in the beginning.

Consumer Product Help Center