Zyxel Multy U AC2100 WiFi Mesh keeps dropping internet

Options
I have two devices in use. Upstaris and downstairs. Upstairs is connected to my main modem (has the 4g sim). Downstairs device is connected via cable to the upstairs unit. Issue is that the downstairs one is frequently dropping internet (LED light goes red). After a few minutes internet is back on. Upstairs one is not doing this nor is the internet down in the main modem. I have a LAN cable going downstairs for gaming purposes but the internet does not fall. So the issue is the connected second Zyxel device. What could be the issue?

All Replies

• turo
    turo Posts: 3
    Options
    *edit
    The "LAN cable going downstairs for gaming purposes" is from the main modem, not the Zyxel device.
  • Zyxel_Can
    Zyxel_Can Posts: 342  Zyxel Employee
    Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options

Hi @turo,

Can you share some information with us:

1- Can you draw your topology with IP addresses and IP subnets on it?

2- What are the firmware version of your Multy U devices?

3- How often this issue occurs? How long secondary(extender) Multy's LED becomes RED when this issue occurs?

4- Can you reboot the root devices and the extender devices and see if this issue still occurs?

5- When extender Multy is RED, can you see it's SSID at the downstairs?

Please send us detailed feedback using your Multy application for this symptom.

When you send feedback please make sure that all Multy devices can access to the internet.

Consumer Product Help Center