NSA325 opkg TUN driver?

FragsRock
FragsRock Posts: 9  Freshman Member
First Anniversary First Comment
Is there a TUN driver/kernel module for this NAS running with Entware?

Thanks

Accepted Solution

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,598  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    The easiest way to get it running is to manually insmod the module with it's full path. Another option is (I think) to create a symlink /lib/modules which points to /opt/lib/modules, but that won't survive a reboot. (Nor does insmod, of course)
    This modules package was originally an ffp package, and I also provided a patched module-tools package which searched /ffp/lib/modules instead of /lib/modules. I repackaged the modules in an Entware ipk, but never created a module-tools ipk. (Which is in Entware-ng a lot more difficult than in ffp)

All Replies

• Mijzelf
    When I remember well zyxel-modules-2.6.31.8_1_armv5soft.ipk has a tun.ko.

• FragsRock
    FragsRock Posts: 9  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Thanks Mijzelf,  you remembered well!
    So I installed this with sudo opkg install zyxel-modules-2.6.31.8_1_armv5soft.ipk  but modprobe tun returns not found in modules.dep.

Looking around I can see the tun.ko module in /opt/lib/modules/2.6.31.8/kernel/drivers/net  and it is referenced in /opt/lib/modules/2.6.31.8/modules.dep   but clearly I am missing a step somewhere...

For context I'm trying to get zerotier (or tailscale) to work on the box for emergency use but both fail so far as they can't see a tun module.

Any help appreciated

• Mijzelf
    Answer ✓
    The easiest way to get it running is to manually insmod the module with it's full path. Another option is (I think) to create a symlink /lib/modules which points to /opt/lib/modules, but that won't survive a reboot. (Nor does insmod, of course)
    This modules package was originally an ffp package, and I also provided a patched module-tools package which searched /ffp/lib/modules instead of /lib/modules. I repackaged the modules in an Entware ipk, but never created a module-tools ipk. (Which is in Entware-ng a lot more difficult than in ffp)

Consumer Product Help Center