NAS326 System LED flashing, no access though Network

Hi,

After power failure, my NAS326 system led is flashing constantly and I cannot access it through the network or detect through the utility. 

I haven't initiated a FW update.

How can I login again? I have tried power-cycle and unplugging-plugging the power. 

Please advise. Thanks!

All Replies

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,598  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Does it boot when you remove the disk(s)?
  • Hi @Mijzelf,

Thank you for your reply.

No, unfortunately exact same behaviour, even after I remove the  the disks from inside.
  • Mijzelf
    That's bad. If the box is still under warranty, RMA it. If not, do you have the possibility to measure the output voltage of the power supply?
  • Unfortunately it is no longer under warranty. The voltage output is 12v. I have measured it with a volt-meter and it is correct.

I was actually thinking about resetting the device with the disks out of the box. Not sure even if this is going to work though, I guess I will have to try. 

Any other suggestions?
  • Sapphire23
    Sapphire23 Posts: 34  Freshman Member
    Friend Collector
    Did you check it's electronic circuit if there's damaged electronic part or not?

• No @Sapphire23, I didn't notice and damaged electronics on the board.
  • Mijzelf
    I was actually thinking about resetting the device with the disks out of the box. Not sure even if this is going to work though, I guess I will have to try.
    It won't hurt.
    Any other suggestions?
    Do you have an thumb drive with an LED, so you can see when it's accessed? If it is accessed on 'boot' of your NAS, you can try to create a RescueStick. (If you don't have that LED drive you can try that anyway, but if you already know it's not accessing the drive, it's futile.)

A last resort is hooking up a serial cable (3.3V TTL), to look at the bootlog. When the box is plain dead, there will be no log at all, of course.

• Hi, thanks everyone for the comments. I eventually replaced the NAS with a new one. I appreciate your help and guidance. 

Consumer Product Help Center