Re-install firmware via download - how-to?

w8rn8r
w8rn8r Posts: 16  Freshman Member
First Comment Fifth Anniversary
The most recent firmware update seems to have bricked my three Multy devices.
The moment I switch a Multy X to bridge mode, it cannot be configured any further.
I've been able to locate firmware downloads.
How can I install these?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,270  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Security Zyxel Certified Sales Associate 50 Answers 1000 Comments
    Hi @w8rn8r

When changing the mode to Bridge mode, it disable Parental Control, UPnP, Reserve IP, Port Forwarding, and DMZ.

Multy X latest firmware is V2.20(ABKJ.6)C0.
    What is the current firmware version on your device?

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes!

• w8rn8r
    w8rn8r Posts: 16  Freshman Member
    First Comment Fifth Anniversary
    As you can see from my other comment (app can't connect), I am currently unable to retrieve that information from any of my three devices.
    The trouble started after a recent firmware update. Initially, my site and its devices could still be found, but switching to bridge mode would consistently (every time I tried) first show success, but when entering that config screen again, it would report NAT mode, i.e. no success.
    I have gone thru several attempts at re-setting the devices and starting from scratch. Things just got worse. Now, there's one device that's still offering the "correct" WiFi, but the other devices can't be configured any more.
  • Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,270  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Security Zyxel Certified Sales Associate 50 Answers 1000 Comments
    Hi @w8rn8r

May I know what is the account you use to log in on your Multy APP?
    You can send me in private message.

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes!

Consumer Product Help Center