NAS542 connection problem

ArtoKilponen
ArtoKilponen Posts: 2
edited December 2021 in Personal Cloud Storage
I have been previously able to access NAS542 that is located just next to me. I have an ethernet cable from there to a switch and my PC is connected to the same switch. I have tried the https://findme.zyxel.com/ using Chrome and that works, it responds to me pressing the copy/sync button and says "Congratulations! Your Zyxel NAS was discovered." and also - this might be important - "The NAS and your web client should be within the same subnet. For security purpose, we strongly advise on updating your firmware to better protect your network and your data. Please enter the NAS web GUI and check for the latest firmware online."

I can click "Admin Page" there. This is where the problems begin. It only shows "This site can't be reached", after trying to reach 192.168.1.87.
I can ping 192.168.1.87 successfully. I can't access address https://nas542 I can't see NAS in Windows 10 Explorer's Network "folder". I can't reach \\192.168.1.87 from Windows Explorer.

I was able to access it last week or so. I haven't turned the NAS off after that. I have restarted my computer since that.

What's the next thing to try?

edit. NAS Starter Utility found it for me. It is able to show the folders I have, but that can't connect to the WebUI either. I can connect to the myZyXELcloud. I can see the network drive mappings under "Shared Folder".  The Status is Online. Firmware Version is 5.21ABAG.7

All Replies

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,740  Guru Member
    Community MVP 2500 Comments Sixth Anniversary 250 Answers
    Is your PC in the same subnet?
  • ArtoKilponen
    ArtoKilponen Posts: 2
    edited December 2021
    Mijzelf said:
    Is your PC in the same subnet?
    How to find out the NAS542 subnet? They are connected to the same switch, but that isn't necessarily enough, right?

edit. Found it from the configuration section. DHCP is on on both PC and NAS542.
  • Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,740  Guru Member
    Community MVP 2500 Comments Sixth Anniversary 250 Answers
    If you disconnect the NAS, can you still ping it? In other words, could there be another device in your network having the same IP?

Consumer Product Help Center