My NWA50AX still inactive on MyZyxel web site

Options
BlBird
BlBird Posts: 3
edited November 2023 in Nebula
But the device is working well and is connected localy on my internal home network. I have access to the local admin web site.
Note that I have tried to put on MyZyxel, and thus on Nebula, after configuring it on local Zyxel web site.
Ports 43335 and 6667 are open and linked to the router with my NAT configuration (https://nebula.zyxel.com/cc/ui/index.html#/help/firewall-information)
Why is the device still inactive?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Nathan
    Zyxel_Nathan Posts: 38  Zyxel Employee
    Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Dear @BlBird,

Welcome to Zyxel Community!
    The column Active/Inactive in myZyxel.com > My Devices page, is mainly for showing the active/inactive status of devices that working under standalone mode. Once APs are already registered onto the Nebula, devices will mainly be controlled/managed by the Nebula, instead of myZyxel.com, and that’s why you are seeing the status as "Inactive" in myZyxel.com.

Therefore, to check the status of your NWA50AX AP, you may go to your Org/Site on Nebula > Access point page, to see if the AP is online or not.
    Here’s the URL to login to Nebula web version: https://nebula.zyxel.com/
    And you can go to Access point page, to see the status of your AP.

If there are further questions, please let us know.
    Thank you.

Regards,
    Nathan
  • BlBird
    Options
    Thank you for your answer.

I have sadly no AP listed on Nebula Control Center on Access Points => Monitor => Access Points, the table is empty. What should I do?
  • Zyxel_Nathan
    Options
    Dear @BlBird,

If there's no AP that listed on Access Points page, it means you haven't added your AP onto the Nebula, you may follow the steps below to add your NWA50AX to Nebula.

1. Go to your Nebula Org/Site > Site-wide > Add devices > click "Add".

2. Type in the MAC address/Serial number of your NWA50AX, then click "Finish".
    The MAC address/Serial number can be found on the rear sticker of the AP.

3. Go to Access Points page again, you should be able to see your AP listed on the page.

After you added the AP onto Nebula successfully, you may refer to this article for checking the status of your AP:
    https://community.zyxel.com/en/discussion/10343/nebula-how-to-check-the-ap-status-on-ncc#latest

Thank you.

Regards,
    Nathan
  • BlBird
    Options
    Thank you, it's working.

But now, I can't access anymore to the local web admin site. It says : login failed.

Is the Nebula access restrain local web accesss? How does it work then?
  • Zyxel_Nathan
    Options
    Dear @BlBird,

Thank you for your reply.
    Once you have added the AP onto your Nebula Org/Site, the AP will be managed via Nebula, and the password of AP will be set to the one from Nebula Control Center > Site-wide > General settings > Local credentials > Password.

When an AP is managed by Nebula, most of the AP settings can only be configured via Nebula, it only has few options in the local web GUI.

Thank you, and Merry Christmas.

Regards,
    Nathan

Nebula Tips & Tricks