Firmware update doesn’t work

If there is no update option and the firmware is old, how to do on Multy X?

All Replies

• Monkey
    Monkey Posts: 5
    To be more specific, I have Multy X and the FW is v1.00 and I know from the website that the latest FW should be 2.00 and some more stuff.. but when using the zyxel app and checking information it says that is the latest FW but the app will send me a message to tell me I need to do a FW update and redirects me to this forum…. 
  • PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,656  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited March 2022

Sounds like you have a old Multy X with old firmware and the firmware is so old it not compatible to download the new firmware?

It looks like you can't download a firmware file to update it yourself?

So what might happen is you need to leave the Multy X on and then someone at Zyxel can lower the firmware to get it to update?

Guessing at this

• Monkey
    Hi Peter, I think you are right.. I tried to find a FW to do the upgrade manually but seems the only option is to let it happen automatically.. and that is not happening either.. so I hope someone from zyxel provides a solution ;)
  • Monkey

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,028  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Dear @Monkey ,

Welcome to Zyxel community.
    Please follow below steps to use USB to do the firmware upgrade.

Here is the USB file to upgrade the firmware on the Multy X device, 
    Please follow the below steps.
    1. Please reset your Multy X by press and hold the reset button for 5 seconds.
    2. Please download the file, "https://www.dropbox.com/s/gk8fqzhmri86q5b/WSQ50_220ABKJ4C0.usb.zip?dl=0"   and extract the file, there are three files in it(.files, base64.sha512. and 220ABKJ4C0.bin)
    3. Please put them(three files) into a USB drive, please put those file in drive's root folder.
    4. Multy should blink blue before put in USB to initiate update,
    5.Plug the USB drive into the USB port of Multy until the Multy fast blink white, it will take about 20 seconds.
    6. Please wait for the Multy reboot, it will take about 3~5 min.
    7. The Multy will start blinking blue LED, please start the installation on your smartphone.

Best regards,
    Jerry
  • Monkey
    Thank you Jerry, I will try this solution 

Consumer Product Help Center