NSA320 - RAID1 failed, volume down, how do I recover data? - Thread copied from another one.

Hi,

for some reason i took out 2 hdd from this nas, and for some other reasons i have to put them inside again... and tada!! Accessing the nas from the win explorer it seem to be empty but from the status web page one disk is almost full. 

Scanned both disk with the following results and with the auto repair option checked:

e2fsck 1.41.14 (22-Dec-2010)
Pass 1: Checking inodes, blocks, and sizes
Pass 2: Checking directory structure
Pass 3: Checking directory connectivity
Pass 4: Checking reference counts
Pass 5: Checking group summary information
/dev/md1: 204718/61022208 files (0.6% non-contiguous) 201450610/244061232 blocks
e2fsck -f -y return value:0

e2fsck 1.41.14 (22-Dec-2010)
e2fsck.new: Attempt to read block from filesystem resulted in short read while trying to open /dev/md0
Could this be a zero-length partition?
e2fsck -f -y return value:8

I'm not a pro at all, on the contrary i'm a perfect noob and you can see from what I did.

Accepted Solution

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,605  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Are you sure it's raid1? According to your fsck log you have 2 multidisk devices (md0 and md1). Something is wrong with md0, but md1 is fine, is about 1TB in size, and contains 200000 files in around 800GB.
    You don't see your data, is it possible that you did a factury reset? In that case you have to re-enable the shares in the shares menu.

All Replies

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,605  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Are you sure it's raid1? According to your fsck log you have 2 multidisk devices (md0 and md1). Something is wrong with md0, but md1 is fine, is about 1TB in size, and contains 200000 files in around 800GB.
    You don't see your data, is it possible that you did a factury reset? In that case you have to re-enable the shares in the shares menu.
  • Kory2_0
    Kory2_0 Posts: 2
    Mijzelf said:
    I have to thank u a lot!

Problem solved!

Consumer Product Help Center