How to manage multi x in bridge mode?

Options
sles
sles Posts: 3
edited May 2022 in Multy WiFi System
Hello!

We have WSQ50 and want to use it in bridge mode.
Once we switched it to bridge it acts like bridge, but we lost an ability connect to it using application and so we can't manage it.

How to manage multi x in bridge mode?

Thank you!

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,062  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Hi @sles

In Bridge Mode, Multy will pass through all the traffic to your clients, and it will not send the IP or manage your clients on Multy. Most of the settings will be managed by the uplink Router which connected to the WAN of your Multy.

You can check the dhcp table on the router above the Multy X and check if Multy device can get the IP address.
    1.Please kindly provide your network topology
    2.What is the LED light when on the Multy X when changing the mode to bridge mode?
    3.Please send us the feedback on the Multy APP you can share the information when sending us the feedback on the Multy APP.

• sles
    Options
    Hello!

Problem here is that while in bridge mode we can't connect to  Multi using application.
    So we can't send feedback or manage wi-fi settings.
    Is this normal? I guess no :-(

How can we connect to it?

Thank you!
  • Zyxel_Jerry
    Options
    Hi @sles

What is the LED light on the Main Multy device?
    Can you see the MAC address or  IP address on the DHCP client table on the above router?

If you can see the Multy device get the IP address on the above router, but still cannot see the device on the Multy APP, please share your account of the Multy app with us in a private message.

• KroD
    KroD Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello!
    Multy blinks red. Yes, I see the MAC address and IP address on the router, but cannot see the device on the Multy APP.

• sles
    Options
    Zyxel_Jerry, KroD is my  colleague, I guess he will continue here :-) Thank you!

• Zyxel_Jerry
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Hi @KroD

I've private message you, please check your message box.

Consumer Product Help Center