NAS540 V5.21(AATB.8)C0 inaccessible after reboot problem

Options
MarkusDesk
MarkusDesk Posts: 31  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments
Hello,
I updated my NAS540 from the version V5.21(AATB.7)C0 to version V5.21(AATB.8)C0.
After that, I am unable to access the NAS after I reboot it from the webgui. This is a random problem. Sometimes I can access it after a reboot and sometimes I can't. I tried with DHCP and fixed IP, same problem! After it becomes unreachable, I need to turn it off by pressing the power button and it performs a regular shutdown.
Is this a known bug? Is it safe to downgrade? Will be a fix for it soon?

All Replies

• ikubuf
    ikubuf Posts: 134  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited August 2022
    Options
    You can check the DHCP table on the router above the NAS and access the NAS with the IP address.
    If the IP address is correct and do not change on the router, you can try with other browsers to access the login page of NAS, or try with incognito web pages.

• MarkusDesk
    Options
    Thanks for replying. Unfortunately, the problem is not that simple. If I use DHCP and if it is one of the times the NAS becomes inaccessible after reboot, the IP does not show in the DHCP leases of the router. If I set it to a fixed IP and if it is one of the times the NAS becomes inaccessible after reboot, I cannot access it by using the IP I configured. I need to turn it off manually using the power on button and turn it on again.

• ikubuf
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Maybe try with other CAT5e ethernet cable and check it again?
    If the NAS is connected to the router, it should get the DHCP from the router.
    SSH into NAS and type "ifconfig", you can see if the NAS get the IP from the router.
    If the NAS do get the IP, you can type "top" and check if the NAS httpd works.

• MarkusDesk
    Options
    Hello ikubuf,
    Thanks for replying. The cable is ok. The problem only happens after a reboot, if I shut down the NAS and turn it on again, it works.
  • ikubuf
    Options
    You can try to downgrade to the previous firmware.
    There is an article discuss how to downgrade the firmware.

Consumer Product Help Center