Nebula Wifi Channel Settings not holding......

13»

All Replies

• Wookie
    Wookie Posts: 45  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    thats very good, thanks a lot Judy
  • Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 875  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @Wookie

We fixed the channel display issue already. Please help to confirm that.
    Thank you!

Judy

• Wookie
    Wookie Posts: 45  Freshman Member
    thanks, I can confirm that is working fine now.
  • jpblanch75
    jpblanch75 Posts: 98  Ally Member

And this is back…. Both my APs showed back up after a network outage using 2 different 2.4 channels and set to DCS along with the 5ghz both sharing Channel 149 also showing DCS. These software glitches keep rearing their ugly head.

Please allow the spec 802.11 Fast roaming to be enables when in stand alone mode so I can switch my APs from Nebula. This Cloud solution is still rough.

• Zyxel_Judy

Hi @jpblanch75 ,

Fast roaming using 802.11r requires a controller role to help formulate a set of keys. However, in standalone mode, the AP does not have this controller role, making it unsuitable. This is an inherent limitation of this feature. Both Nebula cloud mode and AP controller mode have the controller role present, so Fast roaming can be implemented in both these modes.

You can refer to the 802.11k/v assisted roaming feature that support in the Standalone mode and all management mode.

Regarding the issue you highlighted with Nebula, I'd like to ensure I understand correctly. You're saying that you manually set the channels for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz. However, after experiencing a network outage, the channels switched to DCS automatically, is that right? Please let me know if I've misunderstood any part of this. Could you provide more specifics about what you mean by "a network outage"?

Additionally, I'd like to mention that we were unable to investigate the issue on your site as the APs were removed from there a few days ago. We would like to investigate the issue on your site with APs based on the symptoms you described, if possible. I'll also attempt to replicate the symptom on our end.

Judy

• jpblanch75
    edited September 2023

Yes it's just like before..... that's why I replied in this thread.

I factory reset and moved to stand alone mode to see if that would work better. It devices seem to roam better in stand alone mode.

Also I'm an integrator and my company uses Araknis networking which fast roaming 802.11r works just fine in stand alone mode.

The problem now that I have in standalone mode is my access point will supply my Android and iOS devices with an IPv6 address and I lose connectivity because of that. I wish there was an option to fully disable ipv6 in standalone mode.

• Zyxel_Judy

Hi @jpblanch75 ,

The AP operates at Layer 2 and simply forwards the packets. The assignment of IP addresses, whether IPv4 or IPv6, is usually handled by a DHCP server elsewhere in the network.

If your Android and iOS devices are obtaining IPv6 addresses, please check the settings on your DHCP server or router. Ensure that it's not set to hand out IPv6 addresses if you don't want your devices to use them.

By the way, ensure that there are no other devices in your network that might be acting as DHCP servers and handing out IPv6 addresses.

Judy

• jpblanch75

I'm not an idiot, my dhcp server is not handing out IPv6 addresses. It's disabled in the whole chain. The APs somehow have a local link ipv6 address as well as my phone. If it's not that then something else is causing these devices to malfunction and it only started when I switched to stand alone mode.

I may have figured it out. I'm testing now.

Nebula Tips & Tricks