NAS 326 - scheduled power off during torrent download

Options
Is it possible to use the scheduled power on and off options when the download machine is running? Or I risk losing data or making the NAS malfunction when restarted?
The previous NAS wanted me to stop the download before shutting down, but so I couldn't take advantage of the scheduled shutdown. And now given the energy saving needs ...
Thanks for your cooperation.

Accepted Solution

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,607  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    The box sends all running packages a message to shutdown, and waits until they are down (with a timeout, of course) before actually shutting down. So I expect the torrent client to gracefully shutdown and flush its buffers.
    Yet I don't know if it will continue when you power on the box. Maybe you'll have to continue manually.

All Replies

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,607  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    The box sends all running packages a message to shutdown, and waits until they are down (with a timeout, of course) before actually shutting down. So I expect the torrent client to gracefully shutdown and flush its buffers.
    Yet I don't know if it will continue when you power on the box. Maybe you'll have to continue manually.
  • TenTen
    TenTen Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options
    Thanks, you took away my fear.

Consumer Product Help Center