LTE5398-M904 - Sms inbox bugs and unreadable messages

Options
androll
androll Posts: 12  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
edited January 4 in Mobile Broadband
Hi, I wrote to report many disfunctions in sms features of LTE5398-M904 device.If I try to open android app Zyxel Air in sms section, the app immediately crashes and closes.Many sms received from my italian operator (WINDTRE) are impossible to read because they appear only as an extremly long series of letters and numbers without sense.
Firmware would be the last: V1.00(ABQV.2)C0
There is a way to recover sms unreadable and solve problems?
And in the end, there is no way to save sms in an external storage as USB drive but only inside SIM card, with the result of only 11 messages storage capacity... if I put SIM inside a phone to extract and save messages the card results empty!!I think is necessary to improve functions becasue at the moment sms features are very very bad and almost impossible to use. 

All Replies

• Bob_C
    Bob_C Posts: 170  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Hi, 

Could you please contact Zyxel support team?
    This case might need some remote troubleshooting sessions, and I think it'd be better to handle this case by ticket.  
    Contact Support | Zyxel Networks

Regards, 

Bob
  • m4dbra1n
    Options
    Bob_C said:
    Hi, 

Could you please contact Zyxel support team?
    This case might need some remote troubleshooting sessions, and I think it'd be better to handle this case by ticket.  
    Contact Support | Zyxel Networks

Regards, 

Bob
    Hi Bob_C, I'm another Italian user, with the same WindTre provider and having the same SMS issue.
    Do you have some news on it, maybe with an updated fw that already fixed it, or do I have to contact Support too?

Regards
  • raistlin1985
    Options

hi, i have the same problem with vodafone operator (italian). i can't recive or send SMS. have you resolved?

• androll
    androll Posts: 12  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options

With the last ABQV.3 firmware and with updated Zyxel Air app you can see that SMS continue to be codified inside web gui but they are readable inside app.

It Is not elegant or the best solution but it works.

You check new messages inside web GUI and after you can read inside app.

Consumer Product Help Center