NR7101 Supervisor Password

CodIsAFish
CodIsAFish Posts: 3
First Anniversary First Comment
edited January 4 in Mobile Broadband
Hello,

I am looking to get the supervisor password for my NR7101 - I have used the generator floating about on the internet, but at appears not to agree with my device on the password.

The password is consistently refused, with username "supervisor" and "root" on the web/ssh/telnet interfaces, with both the new or old algorithm.

The device was bought from ebuyer in the UK in November 2021.

Looking at other threads it appears that the supervisor username can be changed in certain instances (ie, ISP does it), but I bought my device outright, so this should not apply.

Firmware is V1.00(ABUV.6)C0.

Thanks

All Replies

• monstrmprz
    monstrmprz Posts: 27  Freshman Member
    10 Comments Friend Collector
    Hey,
    Try doing a factory reset: press and hold the reset button for 15 seconds
    Wait until the device reboots and you can reach the device again

My NR7101's default login is:
    admin

(The password is also on the back of the router)

But how do you know the software version if you can't access the device?
  • SELBERG
    SELBERG Posts: 266  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited November 2022
    Command Prompt, type ipconfig and hit Enter.

Maybe 192.168.2.1 shows up as default gateway!

For some reason this sometimes pops up for me and I can't log in but a 1 minute power off fixes it.

• Hi Guys,

Thanks for your responses, but I was looking for the "supervisor" password specifically - this is an additional account with a higher level of access than the standard "admin" account (ie, can get a shell on SSH).

In the end, I ended up opening up the device and attaching a serial adapter to the headers inside, and dumping the flash and extracting the key as described here: https://th0mas.nl/2020/03/26/getting-root-on-a-zyxel-vmg8825-t50-router/#tangent-1-the-_encrypt_-algorithm

My goal of custom-scripting AT commands in order to get SMS on this device (my provider insists on using SMS for 2FA for the billing on this account) is now a step closer :)

Thanks
  • Let me have the serial numbers of the modem. I will reply you with supervisor/root password as you are asking.
  • sviykaz
    sviykaz Posts: 11
    10 Comments
    edited July 2023

Any chance to get the admin password from the modem serial number for an LTE7490-M904? My device is stuck after a firmware update and the pwd on the label is no longer functional. BTW, modem S/N is as follows: S210Z14014277 (and no, VMG8825-B50B generator does not work).

Best - S.

• david454
    david454 Posts: 3
    Friend Collector First Comment

Hi, I bought NR7103 and password on label doest work, and I reset it but no changes, can I send you S/N of modem and you get me supervisor password please? This is realy heleped me.

David.

Consumer Product Help Center