NR2101 keeps restarting even after reset

Options
fboleto
fboleto Posts: 3
Friend Collector First Comment
edited January 4 in Mobile Broadband
My NR2101 keeps restarting for no reason, the only way to stop is to take the battery out. 

It is running the latest firmware:

Zyxel Firmware version:
(V1.00(ABUS.4)C0

Software version:
RXLG1.27.00.232_0R03

MiFi Software version:
AXDG1.27.00.194_0R03

Trying to upgrade from: https://support.zyxel.eu/hc/en-us/articles/4404106191890-NR-5G-Series-Troubleshooting 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ohue7spm3t1ab0k/NR2101_2C000_3C000.zip?dl=0

Gives the error:

It only happens when a sim card is inserted, without it, is working correctly ( I have tried two different providers). 

This forum is not allowing me to post a video of it (only images), Amazon ( where I bought it) does not offer support, and Zyxel Europe does not allow me to open a ticket. 

I don't understand why I cannot get any support on such an expensive device. 

All Replies

• Brackan
    Options
    Does it restart intermittently i.e. after 10-20 seconds of operation or does it go into a boot loop?

Try running the device without battery with the provided charger and see if that works.
  • fboleto
    Options
    Taking the battery out and connecting it directly to the charger has the same behavior. 

I got a replacement, and .... exactly the same problem with the second device. It seems that this device does not like Portuguese 5G networks. When no sim card is inserted it never restarts, when a sim card is present and it connects to a 5G network it restarts. 

To my surprise the mobile operator store, said that they don't advise or sell this equipment anymore since the same problem is happening to them. 

Zyxel should really fix this, they will lose customers by selling very expensive devices that do not work. A simple firmware update would be ideal, but by looking at the date of the last firmware update, it tells me that no effort is being put into it. 
  • tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 842  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Hello @fboleto

I have been looking at the NR2101 user guide available at https://support.zyxel.eu/hc/en-us/articles/4403365084818-5G-Devices-Advanced-Downloads-Firmwares-and-other-resources- to see if there is anything in there to help.

Under the APN, is the PDP set for IPv4 or IPv6 or IPv4 and IPv6 ?
         - it might be worth seeing if changing this setting changes the behaviour...

Since the reboot happens with a SIM inserted then I can only think that it is related to when it tries to activate the PDP context on the APN.

Do you have a SIM card that only supports 3G and 4G to see if it is related to the connection to 5G WWAN only or not?

These are just some thoughts from someone who is a Zyxel user.
         - I hope that they are helpful.

Merry Christmas.

Kind regards Tony 
  • fboleto
    Options
    Hello @fboleto

I have been looking at the NR2101 user guide available at https://support.zyxel.eu/hc/en-us/articles/4403365084818-5G-Devices-Advanced-Downloads-Firmwares-and-other-resources- to see if there is anything in there to help.

Under the APN, is the PDP set for IPv4 or IPv6 or IPv4 and IPv6 ?
         - it might be worth seeing if changing this setting changes the behaviour...

Since the reboot happens with a SIM inserted then I can only think that it is related to when it tries to activate the PDP context on the APN.

Do you have a SIM card that only supports 3G and 4G to see if it is related to the connection to 5G WWAN only or not?

These are just some thoughts from someone who is a Zyxel user.
         - I hope that they are helpful.

Merry Christmas.

Kind regards Tony 
    Hello Tony, 

Thank you for your suggestion, I am afraid that did not solve the problem. I now have only ipv4, with a manual apn, but the problem still exists. 

• sipanlong
    sipanlong Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

I am also having the same issue and found if I disable 5G and only use 4G the network is stable and the router does not reboot.

If I enable 5G it will start rebooting every 20 seconds roughly.

I had this router for just over a week and this did not happen so not sure why it started all of a sudden, I am on latest firmware V1.00(ABUS4)C0

Appreciate if anyone has further troubleshooting steps.

• PEgerup
    PEgerup Posts: 2
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Options

I got mine exchanged with a new one under warranty at Zyxel Cystomer Support.

Consumer Product Help Center