Firmware rollback- Fix Twonky

lescarlson
lescarlson Posts: 16  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments
After V5.21(AAZF.12) firmware update Twonky FAILS to display media EVERY time NAS326 is powered back on. (The power is shut down every night before bed time.) I have not been able to download the previous V5.21(AAZF.11) firmware from Zyxel. 

I can renew Twonky by deleting 'twonkyserver.ini' file via SSH client but Twonky is not really useable at this point. 

It is my hope that rolling back to the previous firmware will solve this. Zyxel is not helpful by not allowing download of 
V5.21(AAZF.11).

Any suggestions here or recommendations for a reliable NAS / media server? 

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,026  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited January 2023
    Hi @lescarlson

Do you upgrade it from 
    V5.21(AAZF.11) to V5.21(AAZF.12)?
    Please help to check what is your twonkyserver version.
    type below command to check the version.
    cat /i-data/"random number"/.media/twonkymedia/
    tsversion 

• lescarlson
    lescarlson Posts: 16  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments
    Hello Jerry,
    I'm not sure. I may have upgraded FW V5.21(AAZF.12) from V5.21(AAZF.10). I just assumed going backwards one version at a time might be the way to trouble shoot.
    The twonkyserver version is 8.5.2 . Is it possible to upgrade Twonkyserver for NAS326?
    Since posting here I have changed two settings on the NAS326 and twonky.
    1. I originally had the NAS326 set to Restore to "Previous State" after power failure. I have since changed that to "Power On" after power failure.
    2. In the Twonky settings "Rescan Interval" was originally set to "0" (no rescan). It has been changed to "-1" (auto rescan).
    So far the Twonkyserver has been displaying the NAS media files and is working as intended. The latest FW V5.21(AAZF.12) is still in place. I also replaced the noisy fan on the unit. I have my fingers crossed that it behaves going forward.

Do you know? Is it possible to upgrade NAS326 twonkyserver? How do you go about it?
    Anyway ThankYou very much for your input to help me figure this out.
    Appreciative,
    Les Carlson

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,026  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited January 2023
    Hi @lescarlson

The Twonkyserver version on the firmware is V8.5.2, and it is already in the latest version.

Consumer Product Help Center