Btsync not working on NSA310S

Options
Btsync 1.4.110 has stopped working on my NSA310S, peers are no longer available. In the past I have managed to solve the problem by disconnecting folders and re-adding. Is it possible to upgrade to a later version on the NSA310S. I am running Resilio Sync 2.7.2 on my PC and laptop.
Thanks for any help.

All Replies

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,607  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    gonzoedd said:
    Is it possible to upgrade to a later version on the NSA310S.

Maybe. Possibly not. You can download the latest Resilio Sync for Arm here: https://download-cdn.resilio.com/stable/linux-arm/resilio-sync_arm.tar.gz. The tarball contains a file rslsync which should be a drop-in replacement for the btsync binary on your NAS. But. 'file' has this to say about that binary:
    file rslsync
    rslsync: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, EABI5 version 1 (GNU/Linux), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib/ld-linux.so.3, for GNU/Linux 3.2.0, BuildID[sha1]=c2e7f2eefe6accfd21138038864eb9132c8fc3db, stripped

That Linux 3.2.0 doesn't fit your box. It has a 2.6.31 kernel, when I remember well. Anyway, you can try if it works. Put the binary on the box, stop btsync, make the binary executable:
    chmod a+x rslsync
    and try to start it:
    ./rslsync
    If it doesn't error out, it might work. Find the btsync binary, it should be located in /usr/local/zy-pkgs/bin/, or something like that, then put rslsync in the same directory, rename btsync, and create a symlink:
    cd /usr/local/zy-pkgs/bin/
    mv btsync btsync.old
    ln -s rslsync btsync
    Then you can start btsync via the webinterface. It should run rslsync now.

• gonzoedd
    Options
    Thank you for the detailed reply. I have downloaded the latest version of rslsync from the link provided by you. When I start it up, it errors out with the following messages

./rslsync: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.17' not found (required by ./rslsync                                                                             )
    ./rslsync: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by ./rslsync                                                                             )
    ./rslsync: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.12' not found (required by ./rslsync                                                                             )
    ./rslsync: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by ./rslsync                                                                             )
    ./rslsync: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.16' not found (required by ./rslsync                                                                             )
    ./rslsync: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.11' not found (required by ./rslsync   

I have also run btsync v2.0 and that does not error out.

I then followed your intructions and renamed btsync to btsync.old and copied  btsync (v2.0) to the /usr/local/zy-pkgs/bin folder. But when I try to start btsync via the webinterface the page at http://ip:8888 fails to open with a could not access page error message.

Do I need to create a symlink for the new btsync and if so how.

Thanks again for your detailed response.
  • Mijzelf
    Options
    No, a symlink is not needed. But you might need to set the executable bit:
    chmod a+x /path/to/btsync
  • gonzoedd
    Options
    Thanks to your help and instructions I now have btsync v2.0 running on the NSA310S. Unfortunately peers are still not showing on the server. Searching the on line forums I have seen many posts relating to similar issues, but have not seen any solution to my problem.
  • Mijzelf
    Options
    Are you stuck with btsync? Syncthing can do the same, and is not proprietary. (Although I don't know if the latest Arm binaries will run on your box.)
    Another option is to install Debian on your 310, which should be able to run that rslsync. But that is a rather severe solution.
  • gonzoedd
    Options
    The reason that I went with btsync in the first place was due to the fact that I never got Syncthing to work. The link on the NSA310S packages page (Syncthing v1.13) pointing to http://ip:9999 always failed to open with a "This site can't be reached" error message. I have started Syncthing from a command line on the NAS and the page it seems to be pointing to is http://ip:8384, when I try to open that page from a browser it also fails with the same error message as above. Is there a conf file for Synching that I could check.
  • Mijzelf
    Options
    The homedirectory for SyncThing is by commandline set to /i-data/md0/admin/SyncThing. At least I would expect a file 'lastlog' there (containing stdout and stderr of the daemon). But as no other directories are supplied, I suppose the conf is also there.

• gonzoedd
    Options
    I managed to download and test a few versions of BTSync and Resilio Sync. Happy to say that thanks to your instructions I now have Resilio Sync v2.5.12 running on my NSA310S. Really grateful for your help.

Consumer Product Help Center