Multy M1 - 5G keeps switching between nodes

Options
Nightshadow
Nightshadow Posts: 1
edited February 2023 in Multy WiFi System
Hi, 

I have some problems with my 5Ghz connection on my Multy M1. 

For some reasons, the nearest sattelite (connected via UTP to main node), is dropping the signal (I assume an attempt to force me to another bide), so my device tries to connect to the main router, but I think the signal's to weak for a proper connection so it tries to connect to the nearest sattelite again until that one drops it again. It looks like an endless loop.

When I'm connected to 2.4Ghz, it works fine. without signal drops.

Attached a screenshot from an analyzer-app. Red (WLAN1-2BHJ1A 5g) is the nearest sattelite. At the point where you see a drop in the graph, it's connecting/connected to the green sattelite.

Anyone knows why? It's not always doing this, but it's quite annoying as my phone returns to 4G resulting in more battery use.

My device is a Oneplus 6T. I'm using latest firmware (V1.00(ABZF.4)C0). The systems logs show nothing on this date.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,062  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Hi @ Nightshadow,

The temporary loss of 5G signal on the device is abnormal.
    Please send us the feedback log through the Multy app.

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Options
    Hi @Nightshadow

We have received your send feedback log, we'll contact you via email.
  • Domee
    Domee Posts: 10
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Options

Hi, what was the solution here please?

Thanks!

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Options

Hi @Domee

The new firmware V1.00(ABZF.6)C0 has been released, please upgrade to the latest firmware.

• Domee
    Options

Thanks, it works!

• Domee
    Options

Ah, just one question on this topic… should I really use the same SSID name for 2.4 and 5G? Zyxel recommends this for smooth roaming in my house but some other web pages saying then you loose the control and cannot assign 5G for the multimedia devices like smart TV or Xbox, etc, where you need really high speed.

Actually my incoming speed is not more than 100 Mbit so this is even not reach the maximal band witch of the 2.4G. So I think the 5G for me even useless.

Thanks!

• Zyxel_Jerry
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hi @Domee

The choice between the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency bands for connection is typically determined by the client device rather than being directly controlled by the Multy device. Client devices possess the capability to select the most appropriate frequency band based on factors like signal strength, network congestion, and the device's capabilities. The Multy device broadcasts both frequency bands, and the client decides which band to connect to based on its own criteria and the conditions it detects.

Consumer Product Help Center