Multy M1Node keeps showing as offline

Hi,

I own a twin pack of Multy M1s, and have an issue with the node/router.

I’ve noticed over the last few weeks of ownership the node shows as being offline after a couple of day in both the Multy app and web interface. However, it does appear to still be online as devices connected to it have an internet connection.

The only way to resolve the issue is to pull the plug on both the router and node. Pulling the plug on the node and rebooting the router via the app doesn’t work. Once reconnected the node shows as being too close to the router when checking the backhaul, but it was OK before the node went offline.

I was wondering if this was a known issue or not?

Thanks

John

Firmware : V1.00(ABZF.4)C0

Best Answers

• Wishawpubs
    Wishawpubs Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

I think I might have resolved the issue by moving the node about 5 meters further away from the router. So far there's been no more disconnections.

• Wishawpubs
    First Comment
    Answer ✓

Actually what I thought was the fixed tuned out to be a red herring. Moving the node further away from the main router didn’t actually fix the issue. The node continued to disconnect after 2 or 3 days.

I have after months of trying found the actual fix.

During the initial (out the box) installation a firmware update is automatically applied. This appears to be the source of the issue. Basically you need to perform a factory reset on both the router and the node. Following that the Android app can no longer perform initial setup as the main router has no internet connection. To fix this you need to connect directly to the router via a browser and the default IP address (192.168.212.1). Once connected the router connects to the internet and you can continue installation using the Android app.

So far the router has been up for 12 days with no disconnections.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,026  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited February 2023

Hi @Wishawpubs

Thanks for the feedback.

May I know how you install your Multy network?

The reason that might cause the issue : The first installation is installed on the Multy APP without registered on any account, and then when try to access the web GUI with the account you register on mycloud-sso.zyxel.com The issue happens.

To solve this case, you need to remove the multy app and reinstall the Multy app on the mobile and sign in the multy app with the account which is registered on mycloud-sso.zyxel.com.

After logging in with the account. Everything should work fine.

If the symptom still occur:

1. Please provide us the related screenshot of your issue on the Multy APP and web GUI.

2.When the issue occur, what is the LED light status on the Main Multy and satellite.

3. Please send us the send feedback log on the Multy app

• Wishawpubs
    First Comment
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

I think I might have resolved the issue by moving the node about 5 meters further away from the router. So far there's been no more disconnections.

• Wishawpubs
    First Comment
    Answer ✓

Actually what I thought was the fixed tuned out to be a red herring. Moving the node further away from the main router didn’t actually fix the issue. The node continued to disconnect after 2 or 3 days.

I have after months of trying found the actual fix.

During the initial (out the box) installation a firmware update is automatically applied. This appears to be the source of the issue. Basically you need to perform a factory reset on both the router and the node. Following that the Android app can no longer perform initial setup as the main router has no internet connection. To fix this you need to connect directly to the router via a browser and the default IP address (192.168.212.1). Once connected the router connects to the internet and you can continue installation using the Android app.

So far the router has been up for 12 days with no disconnections.

• Falco
    Falco Posts: 6
    Friend Collector First Comment

Here, I have the same issue. Working with the Multy M1 now for about 3 months (in bridge mode) and every now and then two issues arise:

• Sudden disconnect of the ethernet connection for a few seconds (especially visible when using continous video streams that don't use caching like video conferencing). This happens almost daily.
    • Random disconnect status of the nodes in the GUI. In the screenshot you can see 1 node disconnected ("Kantoor"), while the backhaul connection still shows "perfect" and the node is also still working as it should be.

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,026  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @Falco

I have private message you, please check your mail box.

Consumer Product Help Center