Firmware update is not working

Options
MikkoK_5101
MikkoK_5101 Posts: 6
First Comment
edited January 4 in Mobile Broadband

Hi, I have a NR 5101 and it is registered in the nebula cloud. It says there, that there is an update available. When launching the update though cloud, the to lights in the left start flashing, but nothing happens. I tried the same with a .bin -file with same results. At some point the portal said, that it was up to date (1.15) but then at some point it reverted to 1.00 after reboot.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 939  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @MikkoK_5101

Apology for the late reply.

Have you upgraded the Nebula NR5101 firmware successfully? At the present, the Nebula NR5101's latest firmware is 1.15(ACCG.3)C0.

In case, the issue was not resolved, please provide:

• The Org/ Site name and enable customer’s Zyxel support by going to the left sidebar > Help > Support request > Invite Zyxel support as administrator, save the changes for us to check.
    • The screenshot shows the difference between firmware version at some points the portal.

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

• MikkoK_5101
    Options

Hi, i set as instructed the invite for support for 21 days. the name is just MyHome/Koti. Serial nr is
    S220Z33011654 (NR5101)

• Zyxel_Judy
    Options

Hi @MikkoK_5101

We found that your NR5101 is the org/site as My Home/ My Home, not MyHome/Koti. Please help to check it and enable customer’s Zyxel support.

By the way, could we try to upgrade your Nebula NR5101 firmware to confirm the issue? If yes, please tell us the time we can implement it. Note that upgrading firmware takes 3-5 minutes, and the service will be impact on that time.

• MikkoK_5101
    Options

Yes you are right, I had 2 sites, but the modem was on My Home. Now I've changed the Organisation to MK Home and the site is My Home

• MikkoK_5101
    Options

And yes, pls try to upgrade, sorry I missed that question, and then report, what I can do more. The time of the upgrade does not matter, I have another modem to use, if this one goes offline for a while

Mikko

• Zyxel_Judy
    Options

Hi @MikkoK_5101 ,

Thank for providing the information, however, it seems like you didn't save after enabling Zyxel support, so I couldn't access to your site. Please check it and let us know.

• MikkoK_5101
    Options

Hi, yes, seems like it reverted back, when I changed the name of the organisation. Now it is enabled.

• Zyxel_Judy
    Options

Hi @MikkoK_5101 ,

Thank you.

We reproduced that firmware updating is not working on Nebula with your Nebula NR5101.

We've been checked this issue and tell you if there is any update.

• Zyxel_Judy
    Options

HI @MikkoK_5101 ,

Please help to reboot your Nebula NR5101 and then login to your Nebula NR5101 web GUI and use this bin file1.15(ACCG.3)C0 to upgrade firmware at Maintenance > Firmware Upgrade

In case, firmware update isn't working, please implement the RMA process.

Thank you for your cooperation.

• MikkoK_5101
    Options

Hi, I've done this already with multiple browsers and various PCs and it always gives an error, something went wrong, press cancel to try again, or OK to reboot the modem, nothing works.

How do I proceed with RMA process?

Consumer Product Help Center