InternetConnectFail in bridge mode (Multy M1)

Options
Falco
Falco Posts: 6
Friend Collector First Comment
edited March 2023 in Multy WiFi System

Since my last topic regarding the network topology in bridge mode, I have connected only the main Multy M1 node to ethernet and the other 2 nodes are connected wireless to the main node.

Also I have disconnected my IPTV receiver from the Multy (behind a IGMP snooping supporting switch) as it was generating too much multicast traffic on the Multy.

This setup has been rather stable, however the nodes lose internet connection once in a while. The web GUI shows internet not available and the nodes show a red LED then. After disconnecting and connecting the ethernet cable on the main node, most of the times the issue is resolved.

See below extract of the logging with InternetConnectFail messages on March 10 and February 24. How could I prevent this disconnects, as the rest of my network is functioning as normal (internet connection available).

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 496  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @thierry_masson

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with the Multy M1 WiFi network.

Regarding the issue of all Multy M1 devices suddenly blinking green, we have addressed this in a date code firmware. Please let us know if you would like to upgrade it now or wait until the end of July when the official firmware will be released. After the upgrade, we can observe if the devices function normally and if the unstable WiFi connection issue is resolved.

Besides, it is recommended to confirm that the Multy Router is in Bridge mode before pairing and deploying the Multy Satellites.

To address your questions about reconfiguring and pairing devices, here are some FAQs:

1. Reconfiguring the M1: If you need to reconfigure all M1 devices, reset them to factory defaults by pressing the reset button for at least 5 seconds or until the LED blinks yellow. For a more detailed guide, please refer to page 25 of the User Guide.
    2. Pairing Two Devices: Please follow the instructions provided in the FAQ. If you encounter issues during the pairing process, please observe the LED status of these devices and refer to the LED table below:

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Zyxel Nami

All Replies

• Zyxel_Nami
    Options

Dear @Falco

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding the issue you are experiencing with your Multy nodes losing internet connection. Based on your description, it seems that the nodes are having trouble maintaining a stable internet connection, and further troubleshooting may be required to determine the root cause. 

In order for us to investigate this issue more thoroughly, could you please provide us with the following information: 

1. What is the uplink device for your M1 Router? Is it a switch or an ISP router? 
    2. Can you please provide us with the event log of the uplink device so that we can check for any possible issues? 

Once we have this information, we can better understand the situation and provide you with more specific advice on how to resolve the issue. 

Best Regards,  

Nami

Zyxel Nami

• thierry_masson
    Options

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue.

It's very annoying, I have 2 iPad connected for video surveillance, and due to this, constently disconnect…
    I have all my network in Zyxel.
    My 3 Zyxel Multi M1 are connected by cable to a Zyxel Switch GS1900-24HP, behind a Zyxel ATP200 Firewall.

Is the Firmware 1.00(ABZF.4)C0 is the last ?

When I click on verify, there is no any confirmation if yes/no

• Zyxel_Nami
    Options

Hello @thierry_masson

Could you please provide more details about your network setup? Specifically, is the surveillance camera directly connected to the Switch GS1900-24 or another device?

How are the Multy M1s connected and configured - as Multy Routers or in an Ethernet backhaul Mesh setup?

To further assist us in troubleshooting, could you try conducting the following tests?

1. Connect your PC directly to the Switch and check if you can watch the video footage without any issues.
    2. Connect your PC to one of the Multy M1 devices and observe if the connection remains stable and the video footage can be viewed successfully.

Your cooperation will greatly help us in identifying and resolving the issue.

Thank you

Zyxel Nami

• thierry_masson
    Options

Sorry for my late reply,

Cameras are connected directly (cabled, not wifi) directly to my Switch (GS1900-24).
    From my computer (cabled connection), no interruption at all to my camera.
    Only from WiFi device.

But Camera is an exemple and I experience WiFi issues with also my iPhone, my Laptop, HomePod, …
    Multi M1 is connected (with cable) and configured as backhaul Mesh setup (in bridge mode)

For your questions :

Connect your PC directly to the Switch and check if you can watch the video footage without any issues.

> Yes
    Connect your PC (with my laptop) to one of the Multy M1 devices and observe if the
    connection remains stable and the video footage can be viewed
    successfully.

> No

Also, Why I have full log of (in the Multy M1):

... InternetConnectSuccess
    ... InternetConnectFail

I have not Internet issues at all (on my both Internet connexion, I'm hosting Servers, NAS, have constant monitoring to differents services, …)
    What I have noticed though, that if I restart the WiFi, the situation is stable (for some time)

Best regards,

• thierry_masson
    Options

Nevermind, yesterday my wifi was completly down (all Multi M1 blinking green), after restart all, only the main WiFi was up, the two satellites was down, impossible to link again the satellites
    Apparently linking satellite is not possible in Bridge mode ?

And with 2 the satellite installed and 2 different floor than the main WiFi…
    What a mission to reconfigure all.
    Really …. There is no other solution more complicate solution to pair two device that have the obligation to connect in Router Mode and have an Internet connection ? (has I know, we can configure a WiFi for exemple for an Internal use only NO ?)

I working for more than 20 years with Zyxel product, but this product & system is a bullshit and no stable at all (sorry to tell as is…) Never see that. Very frustrating
    I have order another WiFi Mesh solution, sorry.

• Zyxel_Nami
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @thierry_masson

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with the Multy M1 WiFi network.

Regarding the issue of all Multy M1 devices suddenly blinking green, we have addressed this in a date code firmware. Please let us know if you would like to upgrade it now or wait until the end of July when the official firmware will be released. After the upgrade, we can observe if the devices function normally and if the unstable WiFi connection issue is resolved.

Besides, it is recommended to confirm that the Multy Router is in Bridge mode before pairing and deploying the Multy Satellites.

To address your questions about reconfiguring and pairing devices, here are some FAQs:

1. Reconfiguring the M1: If you need to reconfigure all M1 devices, reset them to factory defaults by pressing the reset button for at least 5 seconds or until the LED blinks yellow. For a more detailed guide, please refer to page 25 of the User Guide.
    2. Pairing Two Devices: Please follow the instructions provided in the FAQ. If you encounter issues during the pairing process, please observe the LED status of these devices and refer to the LED table below:

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Zyxel Nami

• kzsolt4444
    kzsolt4444 Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

Hi there!

I also have the same problem.

I have the multy m1 system (2 of them, connected via cable, in bridge mode)

I have this problem all day.

I think im on the latest firmware.

What am i doing wrong?

If you have a newer special firmware, can you send it to me?

• Zyxel_Nami
    Options

Hi @kzsolt4444

Based on your description that the two M1s act in bridge mode, then there should be an uplink device (router/modem) connecting to the M1s, please let us know if any other devices are connecting directly to the same uplink device or not.

It's important to identify if this instability is isolated to the M1s or extends to other devices on the network. Could you check if other devices connected directly to the same uplink device also experience network instability?

Also, please help specify whether this issue began immediately after the M1s were installed, or if it occurred after a period of stable operation.

Zyxel Nami

• kzsolt4444
    kzsolt4444 Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

Hi!

I draw a little snippet, which reflects how im using the product.

It worths to mention that, i have a server directly connected to the network provider modem, and it is reachable, when all of the rest is not working. I wanted to mention that, it has nothing to do with the internet provider.

• Zyxel_Nami
    Options

Hi @kzsolt4444

Thank you for the network diagram. To further diagnose the issue, we need some more information:

• Are the two M1s deployed at different sites, or are they part of the same network setup?
    • Did the instability begin right after installation, or did it start after a period of stable operation?
    • When the issue occurs, can devices connected to the M1s access the internet normally, or do they lose connectivity as well?

Your responses will help us pinpoint the cause and find a suitable solution.

Zyxel Nami

Consumer Product Help Center