Nebula Cloud Authentication 802.1X RADIUS server questions

MLBTech
MLBTech Posts: 4
Friend Collector First Comment Zyxel Certified Sales Associate Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Nebula

Hello-

I am a network engineer evaluating the feasability of using Zyxel wireless, switching, and FW services for a small school. One thing that caught my attention is the ability to use 801.1X RADIUS over the cloud as a feature. This is a huge upgrade over WPA2 Personal and PSK that is currently deployed. Plus the skill involved in maintaining an on-premisis RADIUS box does not have to be an issue.

Are there any customers out there in the forums that use Nebula Cloud Auth? Pros and Cons? Let me know your experience. Thanks,

Matt

Accepted Solution

• Aaron_ML
    Aaron_ML Posts: 6
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

I have been using WPA Enterprise with Nebula Cloud Authentication for a while now. I am able to create and store user information on the Nebula cloud without needing to set up a radius server, which saves me time and cost. Actually, setting up a radius server is so complex for me. Since I have been using the Nebula Pro Pack, I have access to an unlimited number of authorized entries for the NCC cloud user database.

However, it is worth noting that WPA Enterprise with Nebula Cloud Authentication is not compatible with all Zyxel APs, such as NWA50AX/55AX

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 875  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi Matt,

Hope that some customers'll share with you their experience when using Nebula Cloud Authentication.

By the way, to know about benefit and configuration of WPA enterprise with Nebula Cloud Authentication, please refer to this link.

Judy

• MLBTech
    MLBTech Posts: 4
    Friend Collector First Comment Zyxel Certified Sales Associate Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Nebula

Judy-

I have lined up a testing session with a local vendor. They have agreed to send me some WAX650's and I will be setting them up on a trial period with Nebula CC at our school. Once deployed, I will be letting the users play with the system to see how well it works! I'll report back my findings. Thanks!

Matt

• Aaron_ML
    Aaron_ML Posts: 6
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

I have been using WPA Enterprise with Nebula Cloud Authentication for a while now. I am able to create and store user information on the Nebula cloud without needing to set up a radius server, which saves me time and cost. Actually, setting up a radius server is so complex for me. Since I have been using the Nebula Pro Pack, I have access to an unlimited number of authorized entries for the NCC cloud user database.

However, it is worth noting that WPA Enterprise with Nebula Cloud Authentication is not compatible with all Zyxel APs, such as NWA50AX/55AX

Nebula Tips & Tricks