Zyxel LTE5398-M904 connected to the cellular network but no Internet access

Options

All Replies

• fabriba
    fabriba Posts: 18  Freshman Member
    10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options

I also have tried to switch to vodafone italy. While more stable than iliad, I still see the same problem, albeit a little less frequently. It seems bandwidth utilization is a factor here, with most -if not all- of my disconnections happening while I have at lease 1mb/s or higher bandwidth utilization for at least a few minutes (rdp, streaming, videoconference, etc).

I have a ticket opened with support:

they offered a teamviewer remote desktop session and I learnt later that the objective of that session was to install qwinlog on my machine and gather a lower level log from the router.

Unfortunately qwinlog is a windows app and I do not have a windows machine, so that plan went out the window.

While anyone could install qwinlog on their machine, in order to complete the setup of the application to have it communicate with the router one would need to ssh into the rooter with root, or supervisor account, so you do need a teamviewer session with Zyxel.

The gentleman at zyxel taking care of my ticket is J'Quan Wallace, and the ticket number is 372477.

THE IMPORTANT BIT:

Please open a ticket, quote the situation and offer to let them do the qwinlog installation and setup for your router if you have a windows machine. Without those in depth logs it is difficult for them to find the root cause.

Most importantly, the more tickets we open, the more likely we are to get a solution by showing this is a widespread situation.

Good luck!

• BruCom
    BruCom Posts: 32  Freshman Member
    Options

Hello
    No update from my side.
    My original support ticket from April 1st, full of evidences documenting the issue, was closed after 2 months with no explanation from the support. A new ticket same topic is open from the beginning of June.
    From what I saw from the logs and web interface info I had your same feeling, the router is not able to manage an IP change from the mobile operator under certain condition, e.g. an IP change done without a disconnection from the network.
    The very first impression I had was the problem happened only with Iliad mobile operator but, after having had contacts with other people using others operators, was clear that this is general problem.
    I will wait one week more and then ask Amazon for a return because the device is not working properly, does not matter if is an hardware / firmware issue, simply the device does not fulfil to its scope.

• fabriba
    Options

copied from my comment 54471, as I believe it's just as relevant here as it is over there.

I also have tried to switch to vodafone italy. While more stable than iliad, I still see the same problem, albeit a little less frequently. It seems bandwidth utilization is a factor here, with most -if not all- of my disconnections happening while I have at lease 1mb/s or higher bandwidth utilization for at least a few minutes (rdp, streaming, videoconference, etc).

I have a ticket opened with support:

they offered a teamviewer remote desktop session and I learnt later that the objective of that session was to install qwinlog on my machine and gather a lower level log from the router.

Unfortunately qwinlog is a windows app and I do not have a windows machine, so that plan went out the window.

While anyone could install qwinlog on their machine, in order to complete the setup of the application to have it communicate with the router one would need to ssh into the rooter with root, or supervisor account, so you do need a teamviewer session with Zyxel.

The gentleman at zyxel taking care of my ticket is J'Quan Wallace, and the ticket number is 372477.

THE IMPORTANT BIT:

Please open a ticket, quote the situation and offer to let them do the qwinlog installation and setup for your router if you have a windows machine. Without those in depth logs it is difficult for them to find the root cause.

Most importantly, the more tickets we open, the more likely we are to get a solution by showing this is a widespread situation.

Good luck!

• JeanFrancois
    JeanFrancois Posts: 45  Freshman Member
    10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

FYI, I had to return the router to Amazon today under the French warranty for non-conformity of proper work. As always my request what handled very seriously by Amazon, kudos to them 👍️. This router is amazing when it works, and playing with ZySH was funny, but now I need a more reliable way to connect to Internet for my daily job 🤪

Good luck guys. My "expect" script might at least help them to create a watchdog, however a real fix is urgely needed: I hope Zyxel will finally fix this issue for you.

Cheers.

• fabriba
    edited July 2023
    Options

I received a first beta version of a bugfix yesterday, but within ~30hrs the problem presented again.

Good news is, a fix seems to be on the way.

I wouldn't know what the fix is about exactly, but during the lifespan of my support ticket there's been a lot of talking about a "watchdog" which should have to do with the idea on this thread.

• ced_rp
    ced_rp Posts: 6
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Options

Hello,
    i have an update

i have installed firmware update n13 on the LTE module,and solved my problem

testing by 14 days, and still no connection drop or any other problem

CA Working
    No connection drop

update name:
    Update_EG18EAPAR01A08V05M4G-R01A13M4G_01.200.01.200_V02

• Violino21
    Options

Hi, can you help me perform the update?

When I point to the .zip package for DFOTA Module upgarde I get this:

Additionally I am doing this using Ethernet cable connection with the router

Thanks in advance.

• ced_rp
    ced_rp Posts: 6
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Options

I think you got the wrong firmware,
    i found a problem with this update,

to solve it, you need to factory reset the m904, or u will get connection drop on speedtests

Consumer Product Help Center