Why does Zyxel LTE7240-M403 does not work with a PoE Switch?

Options
jakoblaurenz
jakoblaurenz Posts: 1
edited January 4 in Mobile Broadband

Hello,

i have bought a Zyxel Router (LTE7240-M403) and an Access Point (NWA55AXE). I'll use booth in a rural area. There is one "base" were i have one power outlet, i thought i could go from the power outlet into a PoE Switch (⇒ Power the switch by the power outlet) and then power both devices by the PoE Switch.

So i tried this, with the TPLink TL-SG1005P Switch, but it just woudln't work. I also looked up the specs of the switch, but these should be fine for the devices. (Power consumption…)

Do you have any idea how i can manage this or why it isn't working?

Accepted Solution

• Internetheavyuser
    Internetheavyuser Posts: 75  Ally Member
    10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

When you purchase the LTE7240-M403 and NWA55AXE, it will have original accessories PoE device from Zyxel in the box.

Have you tried to use the Zyxel PoE device to check whether it can power on the LTE7240-M403 and NWA55AXE? If it can, then the problem might be in TPLink TL-SG1005P.
    In this case, you should ask the TPLink TL-SG1005P for further assistant.

All Replies

• Internetheavyuser
    Internetheavyuser Posts: 75  Ally Member
    10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

When you purchase the LTE7240-M403 and NWA55AXE, it will have original accessories PoE device from Zyxel in the box.

Have you tried to use the Zyxel PoE device to check whether it can power on the LTE7240-M403 and NWA55AXE? If it can, then the problem might be in TPLink TL-SG1005P.
    In this case, you should ask the TPLink TL-SG1005P for further assistant.

Consumer Product Help Center