Syncthing on NAS326

Options

I have been trying to get Syncthing working on the NAS326 network attached storage device and an ARM build exists for it both ARM32 and ARM64 so in theory it could be done. It is not in the package manager and I fear that this device is an orphan now and will not receive any further support or firmware updates. Is there any way I could possibly get this working or could it be added? I am reading references to MetaRepository and have tried that but can't get that working because the URL required to download it just results in an error message when trying to reload package lists.

Accepted Solution

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,605  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

You are aware that Web_Prefix should be web_prefix? The NAS' filesystem is case sensitive.

Anyway, if the nas behaves different with your web_prefix file on duty, it's name is spelled right. In that case the content is wrong (should be http://zyxel.diskstation.eu/Users/Mijzelf/zypkg-repo/ with a linux line ending. 54 bytes in total), or for some reason your NAS cannot reach to zyxel.diskstation.eu. Try to ping it from network diagnostics.

If it behaves the same with or without web_prefix, then your NAS cannot access the internet. Check it's default gateway and/or dns.

All Replies

• Mijzelf
    Options

Which URL, and which error message?

• nmoon88
    nmoon88 Posts: 7
    First Comment
    Options

The URL I am using is the one included in the current Web_Prefix file and the error message is Download List Fail. My particular NAS is running firmware revision 5.21(AAZF.12) and the Web_Prefix file was placed in the folder described in the instructions. I followed them and was very careful to save the file required with no extension but what I described is happening.

• Mijzelf
    Answer ✓
    Options

You are aware that Web_Prefix should be web_prefix? The NAS' filesystem is case sensitive.

Anyway, if the nas behaves different with your web_prefix file on duty, it's name is spelled right. In that case the content is wrong (should be http://zyxel.diskstation.eu/Users/Mijzelf/zypkg-repo/ with a linux line ending. 54 bytes in total), or for some reason your NAS cannot reach to zyxel.diskstation.eu. Try to ping it from network diagnostics.

If it behaves the same with or without web_prefix, then your NAS cannot access the internet. Check it's default gateway and/or dns.

• nmoon88
    nmoon88 Posts: 7
    First Comment
    Options

Got it, I rebooted the NAS and added one of the Google DNS servers as a secondary one and MetaRepository showed up after reloading the list. It looks like it was a DNS issue which I should have caught before but oh well everything appears to be working now.

• a1matt
    a1matt Posts: 3
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    edited June 2023
    Options

This worked for me too, thank you for posting your solution.

Edit - I posted too soon. Turns out it was an intermittent connection to zyxel.diskstation.eu

I just had to keep retrying and eventually it connected long enough to retrieve a package list and install metarepository.

Consumer Product Help Center