5g nr5103 Router re-sold by EE in UK

Options
adrianq
adrianq Posts: 2
First Comment
edited January 4 in Mobile Broadband

I was supplied this router by EE in the UK and it works fine with EE. I want to change the network to Vodafone but the APN area within the router profile settings are set to EE  with their own software they have loaded onto the router. It will not allow me to change the APN settings. I have spoken to EE and they have informed me that you, Zyxel stated the router is unlocked and EE have also confirmed the router in unlocked. However, I am still not able to change the settings. If I install the Vodafone SIM it will not download the APN config file, neither will it connect to their network. I have tested the Voda SIM using my mobile and it connected OK and downloaded the config file. It is just the router that has the issue. Can you please advise on how I can either default the router to the standard Zyxel OS/ firmware or how to access the EE profile page to allow me to change the APN info.

Best Answers

• SELBERG
    SELBERG Posts: 267  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Firmware download is available for NR5103 @ ZYXEL, please note it´s not for the 5103E-version….

Read all text before you download and change firmware….

https://support.zyxel.eu/hc/en-us/articles/4403365084818-5G-Devices-Advanced-Downloads-Firmwares-and-other-resources-

• PSA
    PSA Posts: 2
    First Answer First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options

I had the same issue, but it did allow me ot create a new APN. Although it takes you back to the standard EE one once its been saved, which is confusing. However, it then lets you select the new one and you can make it default.

I would like to install the standard firmware. However, there is no option to do this, is there any guidance on doing this?

All Replies

• SELBERG
    SELBERG Posts: 267  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Firmware download is available for NR5103 @ ZYXEL, please note it´s not for the 5103E-version….

Read all text before you download and change firmware….

https://support.zyxel.eu/hc/en-us/articles/4403365084818-5G-Devices-Advanced-Downloads-Firmwares-and-other-resources-

• PSA
    PSA Posts: 2
    First Answer First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options

I had the same issue, but it did allow me ot create a new APN. Although it takes you back to the standard EE one once its been saved, which is confusing. However, it then lets you select the new one and you can make it default.

I would like to install the standard firmware. However, there is no option to do this, is there any guidance on doing this?

• adrianq
    adrianq Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

Thanks PSA!

Yes I sorted it in the end by doing just that. I was trying to edit or delete. Clicked the new, set the APN. Then had to swap from EE to my new profile. Installed the new SIM and it connected with no problems.

• sdowrick
    sdowrick Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

I would also like to know how to update the NR5103 from EE to the zyxel firmware. The EE firmware is absolutely rubsh and i am far from happy with it. Could someone please advise how to change the firmware on the EE router to the Zyxel firmware linked above? https://support.zyxel.eu/hc/en-us/articles/4403365084818-5G-Devices-Advanced-Downloads-Firmwares-and-other-resources-

• asddsa
    Options

tok tok help

• SKYFF
    SKYFF Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

Нашли способ откатить прошивку EE? на родную от zyxel?

Consumer Product Help Center