Problem with Multy U password resets itself to original

Sevmuc
Sevmuc Posts: 2
First Comment
edited March 2023 in Multy WiFi System

I am using a Multy U mesh system and have the problem that my wifi passwords resets themselves from time to time to the original ones. Not sure this goes along with firmware updates, it seems more to happen randomly. Any idea how to prevent this to happen?

All Replies

• TrondBKSuleimanCo
    TrondBKSuleimanCo Posts: 19  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Not sure what the actual solution is, but maybe there is a storage issue when changing the passwords, so it returns to default. Generally speaking, maybe it could help to reset the system to factory settings, then change the passwords, and after confirming that the passwords are stored, apply your preferred configuration.

• Sevmuc
    Sevmuc Posts: 2
    First Comment

Yes, that's pretty strange, since it's working normally for some days before returning to default settings, and this although the Multy system is switched off every night. So at least it seems to save the passwords correctly for some time.

That's why my first idea was that it happens when the firmware is updated, but it does not really look like this either.

• TrondBKSuleimanCo
    TrondBKSuleimanCo Posts: 19  Freshman Member

Very well, looks like you have tried the usual troubleshooting, so we just have to wait for some of the Zyxel Team members to post suggestions for how to resolve your issue.

• okimarukas
    okimarukas Posts: 87  Ally Member
    edited March 2023

You can delete a site from the Multy APP and ensure that there is no site information remaining, on the multy APP.
    And also double confirm the devices are all reset.
    You can press and hold the reset button on each Multy U device for 8-10 seconds to confirm that all units have been reset.After all has been done»start the installation process.
    I'll recommend changing the Wi-Fi name and password after all the extender nodes have been set up.
    When changing the configuration on the Multy APP, ensure that the Multy U has completed the configuration on the main device before starting the next configuration. This will ensure that the Multy system can function properly.

Consumer Product Help Center