"Zyxel Drive" keeps on crashing on my Iphone

Options
Jörgen
Jörgen Posts: 6
First Comment
edited April 2023 in Personal Cloud Storage

Hello,

"Zyxel Drive" keeps on crashing on my Iphone, i haven´t used the app before but wanted to sync my photos on the Iphone with my NAS 326. have anyone a better solution than "Zyxel Drive" or a solution on why it keeps on crashing?

thanks,

Jörgen

All Replies

• Jörgen
    First Comment
    Options

Update: it seems to be related to the number of photos am trying to sync, I changed the settings to allow just a few photos and then it isn´t crashing anymore. But when I select "All" (ie. 3.600 ish) then it keeps crashing, this shouldn´t be the behavior though right?

• Jörgen
    First Comment
    Options

Update2: after about 1,000 photos (only allowing the app 150 at the time) the app is behaving the same as before…. i also deselected the previously selected photos to just allow 150 at the time but still keeps crashing.

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,062  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @Jörgen
    I think we need more symptom description to analyze the case and figure out the root cause.
    What is your model and version of your mobile?
    What are your file extension of your photo?
    Could you share the information with us?
    If possible, could you record a video related to your issue.
    You can private message your video to us.

• Jörgen
    First Comment
    Options

Hello,

Thanks for looking into this!

Iphone data;

iOS Version: 16.3.1

Model Name iPhone: 12

Model Number: MGJA3QN/A

extension of the photos is the normal Apple extensions

ZyXEL Drive:

Version:1.2.8 Build:211105

happy to go on a call (teams) to show you the screen recording seems too big to upload

thanks

jörgen

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Options

Hi @Jörgen

I have sent a private message to you, please check you message box.

• Jörgen
    First Comment
    Options

Hello just to update the community I have had some Private messages with Jerry at Zyxel to troubleshoot but with no success. I have also tried the app on my wife's iPhone XR and got the same issues.

jörgen

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Options

Hi @Jörgen

Most of the time the app crash is caused by there are some file extension that is not supported by the APP, but not able to know which file in the mobile has the issue.
    As per the video you provided, I think you could do more times to back up all of the files on the mobile.

• Jörgen
    First Comment
    Options

Hello and thanks for your continued support,

All the photo I am trying to sync is taken with an iPhone and surprised to hear that the App isn´t supporting all extensions that Apple provides. Is there an error log being saved when the app is crashing or can that be enabled somehow? Think people would appreciate your app more (not so hot reviews on App store) if this bug could be sorted. do you have any good tips on finding out what extensions are about to be uploaded so we can exlude them?

thanks

Jörge

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Options

Hi @Jörgen

Thanks for sharing a video with the symptom.
    The APP should support most of the extension files including photos taken with an iPhone.

I think in this case the issue might not be related to the extension files not being supported.
    We try with the same phone and do the instant upload, but the issue does not occur.
    We may need some time to check on this case.

Consumer Product Help Center