Firmware V5.36(ABWD.0) issues

Options

All Replies

• GiangiSkan
    GiangiSkan Posts: 3
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Options

Dear all,

We have in use 2 USG Flex 500 in HA, after the upgrade 5.36, same issues as yours, randomly stucks.

We have only IpSec/L2TP VPN users and also to after disabling the MFA the firewalls stukcs.

I noted that also too, that the HA feature is not working, when one firewalls stucks and I reboot it, the other one in HA didn't go live and need to be rebooted too.

Now I let one Firewall off, because I noted that after a while the backup one in HA anyway stucks.

I hope in a prompt resultion, it is not accetable that such things happens to production enviroments…Last time it happens with Application Patrol Signature issue and I get out the mud only because the other firewall in HA didn't reboot, otherwise it would be a disaster.

The lack of trust is now Huge.

Please give us any Feedback to try to solve!

• Zyxel_Cooldia
    Zyxel_Cooldia Posts: 1,455  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Status update.

The V5.36.C0 patch 1 is going to release soon. will update schedule on this thread.

@GiangiSkan

I send you fixed firmware in PM. Please have a check.

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,314  Guru Member
    Options

@Zyxel_Cooldia are you in the condition to share what's missing for release?
    Soon is better than "not soon" but it's worse than "friday next week" for scheduling the upgrade/reboot procedure.

• GiangiSkan
    Options

Thanks Cooldia for the hints,

due to our production requirements and to reserve me some time slots to eventually troubleshooting, if something does go wrong, I will deploy the proposed update tomorrow morining and share with you the results.

Thanks again!

• itariant
    itariant Posts: 15  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments
    Options

We have 2 ATP 500 in HA in use, has anyone already installed the firmware 536ABFU0ITS-23WK17-r109100? Any feedback on random blocks? Should I wait for patch 1 to be released for system stability?

• rbc
    rbc Posts: 2
    Options

I haven't installed that one, but it's dated April 28 and the changelog doesn't mention any fix for the issues in this thread. So I think you should wait for patch 1.

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,314  Guru Member
    Options

Unfortunately, the lack of changelog for lab firmware is… leading to a coin flip for "go for" or "wait until".

• GiangiSkan
    Options

Dear @Zyxel_Cooldia,

Dear all,

I updated with this firmware

V5.36(ABUJ.0)ITS-23WK17-0504-230401495D / 2023-05-04 10:35:09

and in the past 48h the firewall seems work fine without strange behaviours.

Today all "heavy users" will come back to work and I will updated in case of "misbehaviours".

• Agor76
    Agor76 Posts: 39  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options

Same here,

Firmware V5.36(ABWD.0)ITS-23WK17-0504-230401495D, which Zyxel gave me for testing, it's now running since 4 days and I didn't have any issue so far. It has been testing with more than 15 SSL VPN users connected

Agor

• Mathias_Götsch
    Options

Hello,

Is there any timetable when this gets released?
    We need that fix as I do not want to reboot my USG Flex 700 every 2-3 hours

Security Highlight