Firmware V5.36(ABWD.0) issues

Options
Agor76
Agor76 Posts: 39  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector

Hi team,

we're facing stability issues once upgraded to new firmware V5.36(ABWD.0) on a couple of USG FLEX 700. The firewalls suddenly became unresponsive, no response from https gui and ssh, switching off the power is the only remaining option.
Both firewalls have been upgraded from few hours and this issue happened for two times. Do I have to reverto to the previous release which is V5.35(ABWD.0) ? We had no problem with it

Regards

Agor

All Replies

• USG_User
    USG_User Posts: 369  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

We've updated our USG Flex 700 to 5.36 on yesterday and didn't experience any problems until now.

• Agor76
    Options

Unfortunatly, we had to perform a downgrade of our FLEX 700s to the previous release (V5.35), manual reboot needed every 2-3 hours.
    Now, we're a little bit concerned about the security issue which affects the firmware 5.35, could somebody from Zyxel please help ?

Agor

• Zyxel_Cooldia
    Zyxel_Cooldia Posts: 1,450  Zyxel Employee
    Options

Hi @Agor76 ,

Can you send me diag-info in PM for analysis.

• noc_aba
    noc_aba Posts: 20  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments
    Options

Hello

after upgrde to V.5.36 we have exactly the same issue, as Agor, on a couple of ATP800 in HA.

After about 3-4 hours the active ATP800 becomes unresponsive (not even vpn or ssh access) and the only solution is to reboot manually, compelled to be phisically there to do that.

Europe zyxel support claims they have not heard about this problem. Strange, isn't it ?

best regards

Paolo

• Agor76
    Options

Hi Zyxel_Cooldia,

we have been forced to downgrade to the previuos firmware version (V.5.35) due to the stability issue. I'm in an office with more than 200 employees and working using a firewall that crashes every 3-4 hours was merely impossible. The previous version works fine, never had a problem so far.

But I guess that you're asking for the diag-info from the affected firmware which is v.5.36 isn't it ?
    Should I collect those diag-info once rebooted after the crash ?

Regards

Agor

• rbc
    rbc Posts: 2
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Options

I had the same issue as Agor and Paolo. I upgraded yesterday to firmware 5.36 on an ATP800 and ATP500. Today both routers disconnected all the remote workers. Interestingly enough, onsite users were still able to use the internet while the remote workers were disconnected.

I could not log in to the management page until I manually rebooted the routers. Then remote workers could connect for a few hours. Then the same issue.

Tech support said they haven't heard of this issue and suggested that I downgrade the routers to 5.35.

After 6 hours on the old firmware, I haven't seen the same issue. I think it's a firmware bug. Maybe a memory leak?

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,714  Guru Member
    Options

Hmmm my VPN300 and FLEX200 seem fine on V5.36

• Agor76
    Options

Having remote workers connected seems to make the issue worse. I'm saying this because I also manage some Flex 200 and 500 having no issue on V5.36 but no one is remotely connected.

Flex700 with remote workers connected crashes after few hours on v5.36. No issue on v5.35. It's definitely a firmware problem.

As I wrote before, we have been forced to downgrade the routers to 5.35 and they're fine now, but I'm feeling a little bit concerned due to the security issues bounded to 5.35. Hope that Zyxel will help soon

Regards

• Elgen07
    Elgen07 Posts: 6
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

Hi

After upgrading my USG FLEX 100 to 5.36, ports 5 and 6 didn't come back up, but last night port 6 came back up after 28 hours. There are measuring instruments without OS that are connected to the ports. Could it have any reason?

• Datamail
    Datamail Posts: 2
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Options

We have te same exactly issue, but te problem itself begun on patch 5.35, and we did the update thinking that was a firmware problem and the issue was not solved.

we have also bought a new flex 500, but same result, excluding then an hardware defect.

we have opened a support ticket , but up to now, no solution

Security Highlight