NR7101 unable to connect to 5G (Belgium - Telenet)

akke
akke Posts: 2
First Comment
edited January 4 in Mobile Broadband

I bought the NR7101 but I'm unable to connect over 5G. It's only able to connect over LTE-A while with my iPhone I get good 5G reception (4 bars out of 4) and good speeds (225Mbit down / 60 Mbit up). With the NR7101 the best speedtest I was able to do was somwhere in the 30/20Mbit for down/up…

So I upgraded the firmware. I now have: 1.00(ABUV.7)C0
And I upgraded modem firmware too. It's now running: RG502QEAAAR11A07M4G

Upgrading the firmware hasn't made any difference at all. It's still only connecting over LTE-A. I have already tried 'forcing' it by setting NR5 NSA under Cellular Band, but it still keeps connecting at LTE-A speed. 

Checking under Cellular PLMN and hitting the scan button I can only see UMTS and LTE types. Shouldn't it be showing 5G too?

I'm stuck. I searched online but couldn't find more suggestions that I haven't tried yet. For some reason this NR7101 is not connecting over 5G while my iPhone connects over 5G even indoors. Outdoors, next to the NR7101, my iPhone 5G reception is 4 bars out of 4. So this NR7101 should definately receive 5G signals… But it's not working for some reason.

Any suggestions? I'm all ears…

All Replies

• SELBERG
    SELBERG Posts: 266  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited May 2023

If you do a 5g scan you can see if your 7101 find any signal.

I have 5G NSA but when i do a 5g scan i can see the N28 which aggregate with 4G.

Is it 5G NSA or 5G SA in your area?

• akke
    akke Posts: 2
    First Comment

if I click the scan button under ‘Cellular Lock (5G)’ or ‘Cellular Lock (LTE)’ nothing really happens.

It starts spinning, for a while, after which I get the same screen back. Nothing gets listed.

Am I doing something wrong?

• SELBERG
    SELBERG Posts: 266  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited May 2023

Please read this, French or English, what you prefer….

https://support.zyxel.eu/hc/fr/articles/4407687743250-Probl%C3%A8mes-LTE-NR-5G-Zyxel-vs-probl%C3%A8mes-de-fournisseur

https://support.zyxel.eu/hc/en-us/articles/4407687743250-LTE-NR-5G-Issues-Zyxel-vs-Provider-Issues

Consumer Product Help Center