Problem upgrading Syncthing on NAS542

Options

I have v 0.12.4 installed. I am guessing this is too old a version to talk with my Unraid server which is running v1.23.4 as I get this message:

I obviously would like to upgrade syncthing on my NAS anyway. I am following this artcle:

h**ps://forum.syncthing.net/t/update-of-syncthing-on-nas-zyxel-nsa325-v2/14676

which says you have to manually change the bin from the download to v 0.13.1 then the web GUI upgrade will work.

It also states that the syncthing bin is in /usr/local/zy-pkgs/bin. I don't have this folder at all. My syncthing binary is in /i-data/c8c5d1df/.PKG/Pulse/bin.

I stopped syncthing, renamed the exisiting binary, copied the v0.13.1 binary to this folder then changed it's attributes to 755.

When I restart syncthing I get this:

The first odd thing is the "(unknown device)" instaed of "NAS542" top left. I thought, not a problem, I will just go into Actions>Settings and change it. But If I click Action>Settings, I don't get a settings GUI nothing happens? So I then try and click the weird "Upgrade To {%version%} button. This does actually upgrade, but when it restarts, I just get a blank web GUI with just this at the bottom:

I do get a new binary file after the upgrade:

What am I doing wrong? I am suspicious of the bin location, but my knowledge of Linux is limited.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

SS

Accepted Solution

• ssmith369
    ssmith369 Posts: 6
    First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options

Please ignore. Asked and answered on another post.

SS

All Replies

• ssmith369
    ssmith369 Posts: 6
    First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options

Please ignore. Asked and answered on another post.

SS

Consumer Product Help Center