Zyxel - please add WiFi channel selection to Multy-X!!

Options

Hi Zyxel,

I've been using three WSQ50's for a couple of years now and even though they work fantastic (most of the time) they still have the occasional issues..

One such issue is the inability to select WiFi channel. All 3 of my WSQ50's refuse to budge from 2.4 GHz channel 4 and 5 GHz channel 42. This clashes heavily with my neighbours access points and they won't change their channels.

I know you have said in the past that this is not supported but it is a basic setting on thousands of other competitors products. I would prefer not to "ruin" your product by installing OpenWrt on it just to change the wireless channels.

I have been working in IT for over 20 years and never seen such a restrictive access point in that time. It's really that bad.

Please please please reconsider allowing users to manually choose the wireless channels! You are harming your product and user experience by not permitting this channels to be changed.

Kind regards, Jay

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,093  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @Snarl

Thanks for your valuable feedback.

We'll evaluate the feature on our future products.

• Snarl
    Snarl Posts: 4
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Options

Hi Jerry,

My apologies if this upsets you or perhaps comes across as slightly rude, but I think that is a completely unacceptable answer and unfair on your customers.

Reading between the lines, it feels like you are saying that you expect people to throw away good and working products to upgrade to newer ones that may have this functionality added (if Zyxel feels like it).

That's morally wrong and is going to make me and countless others choose a competitors product instead. Why would we choose Zyxel for "if we feel like adding this basic feature then maybe we will add it", versus your competitors who definitely let you change the wireless channels?

Kind regards, Jay

• Snarl
    Snarl Posts: 4
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Options

Hi - bumping this thread because the result was not satisfactory.

Kind regards, Jay

Consumer Product Help Center