Official Repository for Zyxel NAS540 not working

Options

Hi,

I am using the NAS540 and I'm struggling with the repositories. I'm using MetaRepository. I cant connect or find any OFFICIAL repository. Right now I am looking for the dropboxClient app to sync with dropbox and I cant find it anymore.

For now I am using just these working repos from Mijzelf:

https://metarepo.tk/Users/Mijzelf/zypkg-repo/NAS540/zypkg/5.21/

https://metarepo.tk/Users/Mijzelf/zypkg-repo/fw5/

and the official ones are not working anymore:

ftp://ftp.zyxeltech.de/NAS540/zypkg/5.20/

ftp://ftp2.zyxel.com/+ ZyXEL

Do you guys have an idea or a working official repo?

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,618  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

The zyxeltech.de mirror has been gone for years. The repo on ftp2.zyxel.com still exists, and contains 540 stuff. (ZyXEL has 6 months ago removed all EOL stuff, but the 540 is not among them. (Surprisingly enough the 520 is, although it's newer than the 540))

It could be a DNS issue. Assuming you have the latest firmware the box tries to download ftp://ftp2.zyxel.com/NAS540/zypkg/5.21/ZYPKG_INFO.tgz

You can login over ssh and try to download the file manually:

wget ftp://ftp2.zyxel.com/NAS540/zypkg/5.21/ZYPKG_INFO.tgz

If that fails, and the downloads from metarepo.tk don't, it's probably a DNS problem. There might be useful information in the logfile. (\\<NAS>\admin\zy-pkgs\ZYPKG_INFO.log)

All Replies

• Mijzelf
    Answer ✓
    Options

The zyxeltech.de mirror has been gone for years. The repo on ftp2.zyxel.com still exists, and contains 540 stuff. (ZyXEL has 6 months ago removed all EOL stuff, but the 540 is not among them. (Surprisingly enough the 520 is, although it's newer than the 540))

It could be a DNS issue. Assuming you have the latest firmware the box tries to download ftp://ftp2.zyxel.com/NAS540/zypkg/5.21/ZYPKG_INFO.tgz

You can login over ssh and try to download the file manually:

wget ftp://ftp2.zyxel.com/NAS540/zypkg/5.21/ZYPKG_INFO.tgz

If that fails, and the downloads from metarepo.tk don't, it's probably a DNS problem. There might be useful information in the logfile. (\\<NAS>\admin\zy-pkgs\ZYPKG_INFO.log)

• SirLuckalot
    Options

Thank you!
    Surprisingly I was able to login with a FTP app now and I also am able to download the list now with the NAS.

Maybe the servers were off or misconfigured at the weekend as I tried.

Just to be curious (or safe): When I downloaded the tgz, where do I have to put it? And shall I also download all the packages I see now there just for my backup?

Do i declare a local repository and put everything in that ftp path in it?

• Mijzelf
    Options

When I downloaded the tgz, where do I have to put it?

Nowhere. It was just a test to see if the box could download that file at all. As long as that is not possible, it's pointless to look at MetaRepository.

And shall I also download all the packages I see now there just for my backup?

That is an option. There is already a local repository defined in MetaRepository, you only have to create a subdirectory MyRepo in the admin share. But you can also add another one. That subdirectory is treated exactly the same as an external one, so it needs a ZYPKG_INFO.tgz or ZYPKG_INFO file which describes the packages in that directory.

Consumer Product Help Center