How to change hostname for NWA50AX using Nebula Cloud?

Options
KOSU
KOSU Posts: 2
First Comment

Hello Community,

I spent quite a long time searching through it, but I could not find it,, so please advise me on how to change the hostname for NWA50AX using Nebula Cloud?
I even deregistered NWA50AX from my cloud account and set up the desired hostname locally, but when registered again in the NEBULA the hostname was changed again to the default which is the same as the device means: NWA50AX.
Please advise.

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 518  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello KOSU,

The Nebula P17.10 has been released as scheduled on July 10.

However, the name synchronization feature, which pushes the modification made to the Device Name to the System Name of the device, cannot be applied to the NWA50AX model at this time.

This feature specifically requires the device firmware to be V6.60 or newer, and unfortunately, the NWA50AX model currently does not meet this requirement. I must apologize for the incorrect information provided in the previous response.

For more details on the requirements, please refer to this FAQ:

Zyxel Nami

All Replies

• Zyxel_Nami
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hello @KOSU

Currently, within the Nebula interface, you can change the Device Name, as shown in the screenshots below:

Direction: Devices > choose the device you would like to name > click Edit button

Please note that while you can change the Device Name, it can not be synchronized on the device System Name at the moment.

However, we’d like to let you know that in the upcoming Nebula P17.10 release, scheduled for July 10, the modification of the device name on Nebula will be synchronized with the device's System Name.

Additionally, you mentioned that when the NWA50AX switches from Standalone to Nebula mode, the configured hostname reverts to the default name (NWA50AX). This behavior is because the settings on the device are overwritten with the configurations pushed from Nebula during the transition to Nebula mode.

Zyxel Nami

• KOSU
    KOSU Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

Hello Nami,
    I have noticed that the Device name is not synchronized with the hostname (System Name) displayed for example on a Microtik router.
    Thank you for the news that it will be possible in the upcoming Nebula P17.10 release.
    Waiting for the new release then, and I'll come back here to give the update how it works with the new release.
    Have a good day.
    KOSU

• Zyxel_Nami
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello KOSU,

The Nebula P17.10 has been released as scheduled on July 10.

However, the name synchronization feature, which pushes the modification made to the Device Name to the System Name of the device, cannot be applied to the NWA50AX model at this time.

This feature specifically requires the device firmware to be V6.60 or newer, and unfortunately, the NWA50AX model currently does not meet this requirement. I must apologize for the incorrect information provided in the previous response.

For more details on the requirements, please refer to this FAQ:

Zyxel Nami

Nebula Tips & Tricks