FWA510 -5GNR Problems with Telekom Germany

Options
Jens_S
Jens_S Posts: 4
Friend Collector First Comment

Hi,

we bought an FW510 and are having problems with the 5G modem in the Telekom network.
An LTE connection can be established, but 5G bands are not used.
As soon as the N78 band is activated, there is even no connection at all.

Tested multiple SIM cards. Everything works with a different brand of router.

Like the issue here:
https://support.zyxel.eu/hc/en/articles/360021563900-NR7101-connection-problems-and-firmware-fix-f%C3%BCr-not-supported-frequency-b%C3%A4nder-5G- NSA-B8-N1-

Is there a similar solution for FW510 with modem module update?
Greetings
Jens

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 952  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Jens_S ,

We are pleased to inform you that the issue regarding the absence of a 5G connection with the Telekom SIM card on the N78 band has been successfully resolved by updating to the latest firmware version, 1.17(ACGD.1)C0.
    With this resolution in place, we will now be closing this case. We appreciate your cooperation and patience throughout this process.

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Options

HI @Jens_S ,

To check whether your FWA510 can get 5G connection, I would suggest the following:

1. 5G signal availability: Check local (Telekom) 5G signal via nperf website, please choose correct Country and Carrier (Operator) https://www.nperf.com/en/map/US/-/-/signal/
    2. Firmware Update: Ensure that your FW510 device is running 1.15(ACGD.3)C0 - the latest firmware.
    3. Network Settings: Check your Cellular band settings, whether “Band Auto Selection” is enable to allow the router find any possible bands. The path: Network setting > Broadband > Cellular Band.

By the way, could you share with us when you configure the Access Technology as NR5G-SA/NR5G-NSA/4G (Auto Switch), whether System Info and Cellular Info show like below:

• Jens_S
    Options

Hi Judy,

1. 5G is available
    2. Firmware is up to date
    3. No connection with 5G. only with LTE.

The same SIM card has 5G with a bandwidth of 900MBit in a Huawei router.

• Bacanu
    Bacanu Posts: 2
    Options

i have the same problem as well it seems like the router dont want to conect to 5g bands it does conect to all bands 1.3.7.20 but dosent want to connect to n3 or n78

• Zyxel_Judy
    Options

HI @Jens_S ,

Thank for your checking!

To address the ongoing issue of your FWA510 device not connecting to 5G, we propose conducting a remote session. This will allow us to access your device directly and collect the log to pinpoint the cause. To proceed with the proposed remote troubleshooting, we kindly ask for your assistance, so please refer to the details provided in the private message to understand the process more comprehensively.

• Zyxel_Judy
    Options

Hi @Bacanu ,

Have you had the chance to follow the troubleshooting steps that were outlined in my initial response to this thread? If the 5G connection issue with your FWA510 persists, please refer to the private message I've sent you for further steps to address the problem.

Thank you in advance!

• Bacanu
    Bacanu Posts: 2
    edited July 2023
    Options

@Zyxel_Judy ty for your response yes i did and still nothing it seems he likes to prio 4g over 5g bandas he only conects to 5g only wen my 5g operator turn off bands for power saving, but if all 4g bands are on, he does not conect to 5g over 4g it still use 4g bands over 5g and i have good signal to i can see the tower from my house free air no objects is like 1km from me , also i did respone on your dm you sent me

• pnokel
    pnokel Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

Hi,

I have the same issue, just like Jens. I also opened a support ticket. FWA510 with the latest (V1.15(ACGD.3)C0) Firmware.

Greetings,

Paul

• Zyxel_Judy
    Options

Hi @pnokel ,

Have you had the chance to follow the troubleshooting steps that were outlined in my initial response to this thread? If the 5G connection issue with your FWA510 persists, please refer to the private message I've sent you for further steps to address the problem.

By the way, could you share with us whether you register the FWA510 into Nebula. If yes, please tell us the Nebula org/ site name and enable Zyxel support by going to Help (On the top of right) > Support Request > Zyxel support Access to enable and save.

• Jens_S
    Options

Hi Paul,

hast du schon Neuigkeiten aus deinem Ticket?

Seit gestern versucht Zyxel bei mir via Teramviewer meinen Router anzuschauen.

Bist du auch bei der Telekom?

Grüße

Jens

• Zyxel_Judy
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hi @Bacanu ,

Hi there,

Your Preferred Access Technology is set as "NR5G-SA/NR5G-NSA/4G (Auto Switch)". The local GUI indicates that the FWA510 operates effectively with both NR5G-NSA and LTE 4G.

System info shows:

Cellular info shows:

If you have any queries regarding NR5G-SA, recommend you reach out to the WINDTRE operator first to ascertain whether Wind Tre or your service package includes NR5G-SA service.

Nebula Tips & Tricks