FWA510 -5GNR Problems with Telekom Germany

2»

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 1,358  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Second Anniversary Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula

Hi @Jens_S ,

Thank you for your time & remote session preparation.

We've identified an issue with your APN Manual Mode setting. The APN information you've entered is only compatible with a 4G connection.

After adjusting the APN manual information, we found that the FWA510 can detect both 4G and 5G networks, as shown in the screenshot. However, because the APN is incorrect, the FWA510 cannot establish an Internet connection, which is why it appeared offline on Nebula for a period of time.

So, you can continue using the current APN information for a 4G connection, or you can reach out to your Telekom operator to obtain the appropriate APN information that is compatible with a 5G network. And then go to Network setting > Broadband > Cellular APN > Modify the APN info.

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free!https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

• Jens_S
    Jens_S Posts: 4
    Friend Collector First Comment
    edited July 2023

Unfortunately your statements are not entirely correct. The manual APN is 5G capable. It is also used in a Huawei and an AVM router. Also with about 100 smartphones.
    The APN only ensures that the router gets a public IPv4 address. There are the same problems with automatic APN from the provider. Also if you assign the standard APN manually.
    I watched the support today. The Zyxel router only had a 5G connection when the APN was set to manual and no data was stored.
    But no server on the Internet could be pinged. If I saw that correctly.

And that's also over the problem. The router also establishes a 5G connection with the APN as soon as you omit the N78 band.
    Then the router has a 5G connection, but only in the lower frequency range and "only" reaches 400MBit.
    As soon as you activate the N78 band again, the router does NOT establish a 5G connection and remains on LTE.
    And the N78 band is the C-band which is used in Germany for high-speed 5G (1.3GBit).

And here again: At the same location, 4 different manufacturers with the same SIM card and the same APN were tested and the Zyxel is the only one causing such problems.
    And also just tested again, even with the APN standard, no 5G connection is possible in the N78 band, while the Huawei happily achieves 1Gbit.

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Second Anniversary Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula

Hi @Jens ,

Thank you for your feedback. We have discovered that alterations to your APN and Band configurations have resulted in differing outcomes. Detailed information regarding these findings will be shared via a private message. Please check your Community inbox and then have a discussion together.

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free!https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

• Hi to all,

i'm having the same problem with Telekom und couldn't find any solution. So whats the faulty APN setting you have mentioned? The latest Firmware (V1.15(ACGD.3)C0) ist already installed and a reset was done twice

Br,
    Xastur

• Zyxel_Judy

Hi @Xastur87 ,

You mentioned experiencing a similar issue with Telekom. To clarify, does this mean you lose connection when activating 5G on band N78, or are you unable to utilize any of the 5G bands?

Firstly, please verify with your ISP if your current APN supports 5G.

Regarding another user who lost connection upon enabling 5G with band N78, we've successfully retrieved the logs from the Nebula FWA510. Our development team has analyzed the data, and we are currently awaiting a patch from the vendor to develop a new firmware update for the FWA510.

If your APN support 5G and the problem persists, kindly provide us with your Nebula organization and site name. Additionally, to allow me to further investigate, please enable Zyxel support by navigating to Help (located at the top right) > Support Request > Zyxel Support Access, and then click "Save."

• Hi Judy,

thank you for your answer. I have tested both APN provided by Telekom(Internet.telekom & Internet.v6.telekom) and i cant use 5G, even if i manually select the Bands. Only LTE. Both APN Support 5G according to Telekom and was teste with a Google Pixel 7 Pro. I also tryed to change the PLMN setting to 5G, but it kept the LTE setting.

I will share the Nebula Informationen as soon as i am home again.

• Zyxel_Judy

Hi @Xastur87 ,

The lack of a 5G connection was resolved by updating the date code firmware version. If you encounter any issues or have questions, please contact us, we're here to help.

• Zyxel_Judy
    Answer ✓

Hi @Jens_S ,

We are pleased to inform you that the issue regarding the absence of a 5G connection with the Telekom SIM card on the N78 band has been successfully resolved by updating to the latest firmware version, 1.17(ACGD.1)C0.
    With this resolution in place, we will now be closing this case. We appreciate your cooperation and patience throughout this process.

Nebula Tips & Tricks