LTE7490 primary band selection

Options
June6
June6 Posts: 12
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
edited January 4 in Mobile Broadband

Hello,

my nearest eNB (base station) uses bands 1,3,7,20 and when I download something 4CA is being used for up to 30MB/s speed. However when the data load is lower, CA is no longer used and the primary band is randomly selected (usually 3 or 7).

My eNB doesn't support upload CA so the randomly selected primary band dictates upload speed.

Therefore I'd like the primary band to be always B1, which gives 6MB/s upload speed.

Could you add a setting to the firmware where you can choose the primary band that is being used when CA is not active? E.g. when manually selecting the bands under Network Setting → Broadband → Cellular Band → Band Management or under Cellular Lock(LTE).

Or can this be done with telnet?

Thank you!

Accepted Solution

• SELBERG
    SELBERG Posts: 268  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Lock only B1.

All Replies

• SELBERG
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Lock only B1.

• June6
    June6 Posts: 12
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Options

Thank you!

Indeed, if you manually select B1,B3,B7,B20 under Band Management and then enter only B1 under Cellular Lock(LTE), it works!

Just make sure your ISP's eNB isn't using energy saving feature by turning off one of the bands at night time…

• SELBERG
    Options

Here where i live Telia Sweden turns off B7 for six hours between midnight and 06.00.

Consumer Product Help Center