Can Multy M1 coexist with other Mesh device provide by ISP

Options

Hi all,

Is it possible that i can use Multy M1 coexist with other mesh band device that my local ISP provided (it's the bundle package that ISP offered)?

Please note that
1. The main Multy M1 will be wired connect to LAN1 of ISP's router.
2. The mesh device provided by ISP will be wired to LAN2 of ISP's router.
Thank for advice and support.

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 572  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @boonshth ,

That's correct! If you don't want to use your ISP's router as the main mesh system, you can use the main Multy M1 in NAT (Standard) mode. In this configuration, the main M1 will be responsible for assigning local IP addresses to the devices connected to it. The M1 will also utilize its routing features to ensure proper communication between devices in your network.

Kay

All Replies

• boonshth
    boonshth Posts: 10
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Options

Additional information: In case of ISP's mesh device, the ISP's router performs as main mesh system.

• Zyxel_Kay
    Options

Hi @boonshth ,

Yes, you can use the Multy M1 alongside the mesh device provided by your ISP. The Multy M1 could coexist with other devices but couldn’t create a mesh connection with devices from different brands or models.

To set up the main Multy M1, first, connect the main Multy M1 to LAN1 of your ISP's router. Then, you can follow the installation instructions provided here:

In case you want your ISP's router to act as the main mesh system and prefer not to reconfigure routing settings, you can switch your main Multy M1's operating mode from NAT (Standard) mode to Bridge mode after completing the installation process.

Kay

• boonshth
    boonshth Posts: 10
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Options

Hi Kay,

Thanks. In my case, i don't want to use my ISP's router to act as main mesh system. So i can use main M1 to manager other M1 satellites under NAT (standard) mode, right?

• Zyxel_Kay
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @boonshth ,

That's correct! If you don't want to use your ISP's router as the main mesh system, you can use the main Multy M1 in NAT (Standard) mode. In this configuration, the main M1 will be responsible for assigning local IP addresses to the devices connected to it. The M1 will also utilize its routing features to ensure proper communication between devices in your network.

Kay

Consumer Product Help Center