PLA6457 domain master not being assigned to a local IP address

Options
utkuaydin
utkuaydin Posts: 2
First Comment
edited August 2023 in Smart Home Product

Hi, I was updating the firmware of the endpoint device (Device B) and I did not know if it would be propagated to the domain master device (Device A), so I went looking for the local IP address of the domain master. Even though I have connected to it before when I was first setting up the device, now I cannot find the IP address of the device anywhere. I have tried running ipconfig and arp -a commands, checking the DHCP lists of both my router and modem, and as a last resort, using the domain master device (Device A) to be my endpoint and the endpoint device (Device B) to be my domain master. However, I always see the MAC address of the initial endpoint device (Device B), and the domain master (Device A) is not listed anywhere. I can see the MAC address listed under the connections in the endpoint device but that's about it. Can anyone help me with this?

Accepted Solution

• utkuaydin
    First Comment
    edited August 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

I ran arp -a and the address appeared out of nowhere, the issue can be closed. And apparently, the updates do get propagated.

All Replies

• utkuaydin
    First Comment
    edited August 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

I ran arp -a and the address appeared out of nowhere, the issue can be closed. And apparently, the updates do get propagated.

Consumer Product Help Center