FWA510 -5GNR Problems with STC & Zain (Saudi Arabia), but NR5103E solve this issue

Options
Saif
Saif Posts: 2
Friend Collector First Comment
edited October 2023 in Nebula

Similar issue like this :

I recently purchased the expensive FWA 510 from Dubai, assuming it would work seamlessly in Saudi Arabia. To my dismay, it didn't.

I've tried every possible setting adjustment: toggling between auto and manual for both band and APN, but it just won't connect to 5G

Here my experiment :

Interestingly, even when it's not connected to 5G, I get the 5G speeds.

My theory is that it's actually connected to 5G, but the GUI doesn't display it. Could this be a bug?

Unsatisfied with the FWA 510 , I decided to purchase NR5103E from eBay and had it shipped to Saudi.

Surprisingly , NR5103E work like a charm with 5G !

NR5103E connected to 5G effortlessly using the same SIM cards (Zain and STC Saudi) and default settings.

Using the same SIM auto band and auto APN.

Please fix the FWA 510 so that it's compatible with Saudi telcos.

I hope the issues with the FWA 510 are addressed soon, especially considering its premium price tag. For now, I'm more than happy to continue using the NR5103E.

A hefty price tag doesn't necessarily equate to superior performance. :)

Thank you

Saif

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 577  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Saif

Concerning the issue with the abnormal web GUI display, we are actively working on a resolution and plan to address it in our upcoming official firmware update. The release of this firmware is scheduled for Q4.

Kay

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 577  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Saif

Concerning the issue with the abnormal web GUI display, we are actively working on a resolution and plan to address it in our upcoming official firmware update. The release of this firmware is scheduled for Q4.

Kay

• Saif
    Saif Posts: 2
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Options

Thank you @Zyxel_Kay

Cool. I'm looking forward to the firmware upgrade

I really love the FWA510 & NR5103E because they have 4 external antennas and 2.5 Gbps LAN. Those are your biggest selling points.

No other routers, like Huawei and ZTE, have these features. (Peplink BR1 Pro 5G has this feature, but its really expensive)

I'm looking forward to seeing Zyxel's strong presence in the MENA region. There's a billion-dollar opportunity in the 5G market here in Saudi Arabia.

Cheers

Saif

Nebula Tips & Tricks