M1 no roaming to satellite

Options

very simple network 1 primary cable connected and 1 wireless satellite. Setup was easy and successfull and things work correctly (no changes in options; separated wifi 5 and 2.4; firmware updated; optimal distance between devices) - setup was done first time by web configuration on cabled PC and after a reset second time by app.

Problem: I am near satellite and set up a wireless connection by my eg phone and works ok. I move in the range of the primary and it switches; when I go back to the satellite it stays connected to the primary (with low signal). Even if I switch off and on my device wifi it connects to secondary corrected only a few seconds then switches back to primary.

This was tested by 3 different devices: satellite does not hold connection if the devices was previously connected to primary does not matter how far I move (I mean like 15 meters vs 1 and a clearely stronger signal by the satellite).

Thanks

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,105  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @asdy

Are you in the latest firmware? If not please upgrade to the firmware V1.00(ABZF.6)C0?

At the moment, does other clients could connect to the satellite's wifi?

Please help to send us the feedback log on the Multy APP.

• asdy
    asdy Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

thanks. yes and yes.

Clients work well; I clarify: if the device connects to the primary (both if I set up the first connection or if it roams to it and it does) then it won't connect to the satellite does not matter how near I am or even if I switch off/on my device wifi. Roaming to satellite does not work even if device connection is set up there. Client works with satellite until I do not move in the range of the primary.

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,105  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @asdy

The association with a particular SSID depends on the behavior of the wireless client.

Multy device cannot control which device should the client connected to.

Consumer Product Help Center