ZYXEL FWA510 wifi settings page not loading

Options
ssagoo
ssagoo Posts: 3
First Comment
edited December 2023 in Nebula

I recently bought this router and upgraded the firmware to the latest version: "Nebula FWA510_1.17(ACGD.0)C0"

I then continued to add the device to Nebula via your portal and could see the device but found it difficult to navigate the device from the portal.

I then wanted to log back into the router locally via the local IP and admin password but to my surprise this did not work.

I then had to go through so many steps to regain access to the router by finally removing the device from Nebula portal and resetting the firmware numerous times. I even downgraded the firmware but that still didnt help.

The reason I had to reset the firmware many times is because various functions stopped working, such as the Wifi page and setting up the security mode.

I then had to finally untoggled the Nebula connection from the router and then could see that the wifi password seemed to work correctly.

Now unfortunately I cannot seem to get back into the "Wifi" page from the right side navigation under "Network Settings" ⇒ "Wireless". This page just wont load and shows a loading indicator.

Please assist in trying to understand why this page doesnt load anymore since I cannot reach the advanced wifi settings anymore. Can only reach them from the home page.

Here is the image for the loading page:

Thanks,

Sukhdav

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 568  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited December 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi all Nebula FWA510’s users,

We are pleased to announce the release of an official firmware addressing and resolving the reported issue. Please consider upgrading to the latest firmware version, V1.17(ACGD.1)C0.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. If you encounter any persistent problems, kindly provide details about the issue or outline the actions leading to it. If possible, include a screenshot or video recording of the problem.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kay

All Replies

• Fotopiloot_01
    Options

Here exact the same problem. Also when setting up WIFI settings by the local IP or Guest wifi settings ik actually creates the WIFI acces by name but impossible to set Password so now i am stuck with open WIFI. Can only reset to and then use the standard name and password. I do not want that.

Any help would be much appriciated

Thanks

• Fotopiloot_01
    Options

I even tried older firmware bit still the same problem. Should be send in our Routers or is this a known problem?

Thanks

• Tim_E
    Tim_E Posts: 5
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Options

Hi, we're having the same issues. After upgrading to latest firmware (V1.17(ACGD.0)C0).

I also registered the device in Nebula, and have since unregistered, since registering it seemed to break the LAN port (??)

• Fotopiloot_01
    Options

I tried with support to slve the WIFI problem. No luck untill now. I tried different browsers on MAc and also on Windows with no luck. Support can create through Nebula a new WIFI name with password and their conclusion is that there is nothing wrong with the system. But clearly seen here it is a more wide spread problem.

Support is very helpful but Zyxel has to investigate why this happens. it should be easy to configure the router by 192.168.1.1 but that is obviously not working.

• Tim_E
    Options

Issue seems to occur after registering and unregistering the device from Nebula Control Center.

I just reset the FWA510 to factory defaults, unregistered the device from Nebula. But still not able to change the Wi-Fi settings.

• Zyxel_Kay
    Options

Hi @ssagoo @Fotopiloot_01 @Tim_E

Apologies for any inconvenience caused. We have received your feedback, and our team has confirmed the existence of the issue. We are actively working to implement a solution and will provide updates on our progress. Thank you for your understanding.

Kay

• ssagoo
    Options

Hi,

Thanks all for your replies. I did manage to resolve this issue eventually a few days back. The way I did this, was to again restore the device to its factory defaults by downgrading the firmware as follows:

From the right navigation go to: Maintenance => Firmware Upgrade

Then follow these steps:
    - Upload firmware version "V1.15(ACGD.2)C0" - This is usually the starting firmware when you buy the device.
    - Check the "Restore Default Settings After Firmware Upgrade" checkbox - IMPORTANT!
    - Click "Upload"

This then restored everything back to its factory defaults and made the Wireless page load again. All other pages are loading as expected and the device is no longer associated with the Nebula portal. Also bare in mind that I did remove the device from Nebula prior to downgrading the firmware.

I am now waiting for Zyxel to provide a new firmware which correctly upgrades the device, but please indicate if we do need to still toggle the "Restore Default Settings After Firmware Upgrade" checkbox on?

Thanks All!

• Tim_E
    Options

Thank you! I will try this later tonight and report back if it worked. Hopefully a new firmware becomes available soon that fixes this problem.

• Zyxel_Kay
    Options

Hi @ssagoo @Fotopiloot_01 @Tim_E

We've released a datecode firmware to address this issue. I'll send you the datecode via private message, and kindly upload it to the device.

Should any other problems persist, kindly describe the problem or outline the actions leading to it. If feasible, please include a screenshot or video recording of the problem.

Thanks again for your patient and understanding.

Kay

• Tim_E
    Options

Hi Kay,

Just uploaded the firmware, everything seems to work properly again. Thanks!

Nebula Tips & Tricks