Options
124»

All Replies

• bejb
    bejb Posts: 14  Freshman Member
    10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options

Thanks for your reply.

What you are describing is exactly what I did. With firmware version .15 installed, it says I have a 5G-NSA connection and the light on the top is blue. With firmware version .17 installed, it says I have a 4G connection.

I don't know whether I have a 5G connection or not, or whether .15 or .17 is correct. All I know is that they are different

In both circumstances, the cellular connection was via B8. I disabled the band autoselection, and ticked every band. The connection was still via B8. I unticked B8 and then the connection was by B20. I unticked that and the connection was down.

I've attached the cellular screenshots in the post above

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 584  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @bejb

To facilitate further investigation, we kindly request remote access to your mobile router. Could you please specify a convenient time for us to conduct the remote session? Ideally, scheduling between 9 am to 6 pm (UTC+8) would be optimal.

For the remote session, kindly connect your mobile router to a PC and share the TeamViewer/Anydesk information with us through private message.

Thank you for your cooperation!

Kay

• GW4DVB
    Options

Me too - Can you send me the latest Firmware / patch ?

• bejb
    Options

I'm sorry - I seem to have hijacked this thread it's another issue.

If you are asking about the WiFi settings page, I think this was fixed in the latest firmware release .17 v1 which you can download from the firmware page?

• Zyxel_Kay
    Options

Hi @GW4DVB

The issue has been fixed in firmware V1.17P1. For more details, please check the following comment:

Kay

• Zyxel_Kay
    Options

Hi @bejb

Following our remote session on December 22nd, our analysis of the collected logs reveals that the SIM card is not detecting any 5G signal in your current environment. Refer to the log provided for a detailed overview:

Upon reviewing the cellular information you previously supplied, it appears that both V1.15 and V1.17 utilize the same cellular band, B8. The discrepancy seems to be a display issue with V1.15 when presented in NR5G-NSA access technology.

In the other hand, it's essential to note that cellular network signals and their quality can fluctuate. Discrepancies in measurements taken at different times may occur due to various factors such as fading, reflections, interference, capacity issues stemming from high network traffic, and more.

Kay

• bejb
    Options

Many thanks for your efforts and reply.

I managed to take the router to another more urban location (West Denton, Newcastle) and powered it up there. The router connected with 5G-NSA and showed very strong signal (cell info attached).

So this said to me that the router, firmware and sim all worked with 5G.

It seems to me that although O2 say I should be getting 5G coverage from the newly installed mast near my home, this is not true. The fault lies with O2 and not the router.

Many thanks again for all your help. I'm very grateful.

Eric

Nebula Tips & Tricks