WSM20 why 2 out of 3 do not use WAN port?

Options
TipoTimido
TipoTimido Posts: 14  Freshman Member
10 Comments Friend Collector
edited November 2023 in Multy WiFi System

Hello, i just installed a kit of 3 pieces of Zyxel Multy M1 AX1800.

My LAN is like that: 1 TPlink router → ethernet →1 Zyxel 8 port poe switch → ethernet → 3 Multy M1 devices.

i notice a bad thing, although all 3 Multys are connected to the WAN port with the network cable, only the master uses it. The other 2 connect via Wifi to the master and do not use the WAN port. How come? it's correct? In my opinion this is not stable solution at all.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,104  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @TipoTimido

Kindly reset all Multy devices, initiate reinstallation using wireless Ethernet backhaul, and then reconnect them to the switch after installation.

• TipoTimido
    TipoTimido Posts: 14  Freshman Member
    10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options

Hi, thank you, this was fixed for me after switching the 3 AP into bridge mode… now i can see all them connected to the wired network throught the "Network map" in the Multy app. So now they sems to get data from ethernet cable instead of wireless radio.

Can i ask a question? what is the simple difference between bridge mode and standard mode? i read the few rows in the app, but is not explain to me the real difference. My configuration is in my Home, so i just need a home network.

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,104  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

In bridge mode, you'll get the IP address from the router/modem above Multy device which is not assigned by the Multy device itself.
    It connects two separate networks and passes data between them without interpreting or managing the data in any significant way.

In router mode, it assigns local IP addresses to devices within the network and manages the routing of data between the local network and the wider internet.

Consumer Product Help Center